forward facing seat that puzzles with a RF Britax

jjordan

What forward-facing seats puzzle decently well with RF Britax convertibles (old style)? It can be any forward-facing seat that has decently high harness slots - a convertible used FF, a combination seat, or even a booster. This would be used by a child starting at age 5 years, 3 months.

Thanks!

ADS

jjordan

Surprising! Thanks! This would be for a 3 across in a small car with contoured seats... So, it may just be impossible. But I would like to have some options in mind to try. I probably wouldn't have thought to try a nautilus but now I will. :)

sunnymw

Yeah, I can definitely see that. My GN won't puzzle as well with a RF Radian but they are so low profile that the cup holder gets in the way. It may work a lot better with the Britax up on the base like that.

Westgre

I've had my old style MA RF between a FF Radian and an old style Parkway in the back of my 2001 CR-V. I've also had it FF between those two.

jjordan

I think I'm hoping for a miracle... Ideally the seat would fit between a RF boulevard and a compass infant seat. I *think* a FF Radian is too wide, as is a FF Britax... And, now that I think about it more, there's just a lap belt there so booster is out.

The other car is more 3-across friendly though, so maybe one of the suggestions would work out there, and then 2 radians & the infant seat in the problem car.

Thanks for the help!

Cryssy Jane

*photobucket is being weird I resized I promise*
I drive a small subaru impreza 4 door. At the time I had a rf Blvd, FF gn and a FF RN.
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0140-1.jpg

I've also been able to do rf rn, gn, rf rn. The blvd fit in either outboard position as well.

jjordan

I took another look at the back seat this afternoon. Right now there is a RF boulevard and a FF boulevard, both outboard. Neither can move any farther outboard, even though there are several inches between each seat and their respective doors, because of the contours of the seat. There is about 10" between the seats - maybe less. So, I think any 3-across option would have to involve a whole lot of switching, and probably would have to avoid a Britax totally unless it's going to be in the center with good puzzling seats on either side.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

amyd

I once got a FF True Fit, RF Marathon & my (not so tiny) butt across the back of a Hyundai Elantra. I couldn't believe how well the TF & MA puzzled.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
IME when you're attempting 3 across in a vehicle with contoured outboard seats you have to play the high-low game. Seats that sit up high on a base go in the center (where it starts off at a "higher elevation" so-to-speak because it isn't scooped out/contoured in that spot) and the lower profile seats go on either side where they have a better chance of puzzling under the CR in the center.

I'll be playing extensively in the 3rd row of the Ody today and tomorrow trying to find 3-across combinations that work and I'll let you know how I fare.

jjordan

Thanks Kecia! So maybe I'll have better luck if I move one of the Britaxes to the center and see what can slide under it outboard. Maybe it isn't hopeless after all. :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My hubby has a 2000 GrandPrix which has a decent sized back seat. Not big, but not small either. I have three high weight seats in there! In the center, is a FF DC. On the driver side is a Radian XT (FF) and on the passenger side is a rf'ing DC. The RN fits under the lip of the FF DC in the center. It's the only way it would work. This actually works better then when we had the KF30 in the mix as the FF/RF Britax's puzzle perfectly together.

jjordan

It's definitely not going to work for me to puzzle the RF & FF Britax seats, because if either of those is outboard then they get pushed over to the center too far to get another one (even facing the opposite direction) in. But thanks for the idea!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC