Not getting email for subscribed threads

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I subscribe to every thread I post in. I have noticed that when a guest posts to the thread, I do not get an email. The first couple times it happened, I thought I just missed the email, but now it has happened a few more times, still no email.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I don't seem to have a setting that would affect that. I wonder if posts that go into moderation simply bypass email notifications. That's about all I can come up with right now sorry.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My PM emails have suddenly been going to my spam folder. (Yahoo mail) I didn't tell them to do this.

Yeah, I know many cases I can send email to someone from www.car-seat.org and they receive it, but they don't get automated email from the forums like the confirmation email or thread/pm notifications. It is almost always because something decides those types of notifications are spam based on their title or content. Usually, you have to tell the email service (if you are using Google or Yahoo mail or similar) or your ISP (if you are using POP mail) to white list all email from www.car-seat.org and also tell your email client (Outlook etc) and security software to always allow email from www.car-seat.org too. Most provide a place in the settings where you can do this yourself, but ISPs may need you to call tech support. There are now so many places that can flag and filter spam that it is difficult to help individuals with this type of problem. In that others are receiving notifications, I have nothing that I can troubleshoot for the forums and no information I could even send to the forum provider in a support ticket.

mish

Just wanted to say I got a pm today and got an e-mail notification. I don't know why I wasn't before, but I am now.

TerisBoys

Darren - I wasn't exactly complaining. Just mentioning it so others would check their spam folders in case their ISP is also suddenly having a snit-fit.

Most head-scratching was the day I got 2 PMs - one went to Spam, one 5mins later did not.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Right, I was just adding to your comments.

With a lot of these issues, there is absolutely nothing I can do. Things like notifications are done automatically between the forum software and the service provider. I couldn't even prevent them from going out to specific people or specific providers if I wanted to do so (other than turning off all notifications which a member could turn back on at any time).

There could be issues between the forum provider and their connectivity to certain other companies, but those are things that are usually temporary. Plus, I need multiple reports with specific information to even provide enough details in a support request to hope to have it resolved. For example, the recent issue with some members on Frontier/Verizon took about a month before I got enough information to figure out what might be causing it. That one turned out to be Frontier's fault, but the forum provider had a nice workaround for it.

Most other issues all come down to a members browser software, like having the latest version, clearing corrupted cookies or temporary internet files/cache. Many other issues have to do with member's local firewalls, security software, email software or the settings at their email/internet provider.

Unless I get widespread reports of problems, it usually isn't related to forum settings as these are rarely changed. So, it's not that I ignore or dismiss a lot of these problems, but it's just that I don't have the ability to troubleshoot them or fix them, especially those that probably are not related to the forum itself or its service provider.

mish

I've never thought you were ignoring anything fwiw. I appreciate all that you do to keep this place going!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That wasn't directed to anyone on this thread;-) I know in some other threads I've just been basically helpless to do anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC