Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

RF weight limit for Triumph?

Is the rf weight limit for the Triumph 30 lbs or 22 lbs? If it's 30 lbs, has it always been that or has it increased recently? Structural changes to accommodate a change?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: RF weight limit for Triumph?

I am pretty sure that it is 30, but I may be wrong, I thought all Convertables in Canada RF to 30lbs. DD had a Victory 5 back in 2003 that was RF to 30lbs. I think they started the 30RF limit sometime in 2001 maybe?
    Anyone have one they can check?
    BethAnn

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

So far as I know it's always been 30lbs. The only rf'ing seats that have ever had lower limits are the infant carriers. Convertibles are all rated to 30lbs rf'ing, although supposedly that limit is supposed to be lifted so that seats that are tested and approved to higher limits can once again be labelled as such. (Like the MA and Radian being to 33lbs.)

The triumph has only been available here for less than 3 yrs - unless it was here, then disappeared for a few years and then was reintroduced? I looked for it when my dd was outgrowing her carrier and they weren't approved yet. That was the first time I considered a seat from the US. (Not the last, but never did it.)
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post
    The triumph has only been available here for less than 3 yrs - unless it was here, then disappeared for a few years and then was reintroduced?
    The Triumph was never here when rf limit for convertible seats was still 20/22 lbs (2001ish when the change came in). Triumph was definitely only when rf limit for convertible is 30 lbs.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007