RF weight limit for Triumph?

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is the rf weight limit for the Triumph 30 lbs or 22 lbs? If it's 30 lbs, has it always been that or has it increased recently? Structural changes to accommodate a change?

Thanks!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

I am pretty sure that it is 30, but I may be wrong, I thought all Convertables in Canada RF to 30lbs. DD had a Victory 5 back in 2003 that was RF to 30lbs. I think they started the 30RF limit sometime in 2001 maybe?
Anyone have one they can check?
BethAnn

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So far as I know it's always been 30lbs. The only rf'ing seats that have ever had lower limits are the infant carriers. Convertibles are all rated to 30lbs rf'ing, although supposedly that limit is supposed to be lifted so that seats that are tested and approved to higher limits can once again be labelled as such. (Like the MA and Radian being to 33lbs.)

The triumph has only been available here for less than 3 yrs - unless it was here, then disappeared for a few years and then was reintroduced? I looked for it when my dd was outgrowing her carrier and they weren't approved yet. That was the first time I considered a seat from the US. :whistle: (Not the last, but never did it.)

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The triumph has only been available here for less than 3 yrs - unless it was here, then disappeared for a few years and then was reintroduced?

The Triumph was never here when rf limit for convertible seats was still 20/22 lbs (2001ish when the change came in). Triumph was definitely only when rf limit for convertible is 30 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC