Yes, I'm horrible and don't have a LATCH manual and have a 40 lb kid

fyrfightermomma

So Sophia is just about 40 lbs. I never worried about LATCH limits with kids before cause none were nearing the lightest limits on the market for LATCH (not sure if she's at the limit, but i know they start at 40)

And no, I'm a horrible and tech and don't have a LATCH manual :whistle:

We have a bazillion different brands of seats so I guess I need to know what she can and can't use LATCH in anymore

Car 1
2005 Kia Sedona
Seats-
RA 50
GN
Radian XT
Maestro (50 lb version)

Car 2
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
Seats-
Britax Frontier 85
Graco Nautilus
RA55
Radian XT

She rides in any # of seats at a given time. I think the Dodge is 48 lbs but some of the seats themselves may have a lower limit.

Help!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If the car manual doesn't state anything, then you need to read the label on the side of the seat and go with that.
(that's what I'd tell any parent without a LATCH manual, anyway, Judi answered your Q :D)

fyrfightermomma

So I can use all my seats in the Dodge to 48 lbs? None of the manufacturers (car seat) have less limits?

So the Kia, I can use the Britax to 48 right? The GN to 48? What's Radian and Evenflo?

ETA: Wait, don't the new Britax only have a 40 lb limit? So my "old" Britax would be 48 and the new would be 40?

Seriously, this is why there is so much misuse. So much for LATCH being a standard "easy" way to do things!

fyrfightermomma

If the car manual doesn't state anything, then you need to read the label on the side of the seat and go with that.
(that's what I'd tell any parent without a LATCH manual, anyway, Judi answered your Q :D)

It's below freezing outside and I'm a wuss LOL. And DH's car is gone until tomorrow so I can't get any manuals from there. So all I have is mine and it's too cold to go out and dig out manuals.

That's why I asked the almight c-s.org :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, fine ;). Your car manuals won't say anything, only the newest Fords do, I think. And all your seats are 48 except the RA55, it's 40 (Do you still have a Frontier? It was the first Britax with 40).

(ok, freakin' brrrrr...it's like 53 here today and I'm dying, lol)

fyrfightermomma

Oh, fine ;). Your car manuals won't say anything, only the newest Fords do, I think. And all your seats are 48 except the RA55, it's 40 (Do you still have a Frontier? It was the first Britax with 40).

(ok, freakin' brrrrr...it's like 53 here today and I'm dying, lol)

Yeah I have a Frontier 85. Nice that they made the "new" seats have less limits! So the Frontier would be 40 as well in the Kia?

fyrfightermomma

Seriously, this is too many different #'s to remember in two different cars with a bunch of different brands. I think I'm just gonna switch everything to seatbelt. I'm not gonna remember (nor will DH) that this seat can be LATCH in this car, but seatbelt with that car, or this seat can be LATCH in both but this one has to be seatbelt in both KWIM?

Seatbelt is easier LOL

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You could also simplify it for now and just go "Britax is seatbelt, everything else can LATCH." If you prefer LATCH. (I'm a seatbelt girl all the way, myself. :))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC