Girly RA cover

cpsaddict

Ok, so I really want to buy a girly RA cover, but they are darn near impossible to find. I found a Aloha cover on eBay, but it is up to $71 with 5 days left!! :eek: The shipping is $13. Is this a typical price for a discontinued pattern? There is also a Foofy MA cover on eBay. It is soo cute! I want that one for an RA.

Anyway, just venting about prices. Please keep me in mind if you see a girly RA cover. I had someone offer me a Leopard cover for $30, but that's not that girly, is it?? :confused:

ADS

cpsaddict

fwiw...i definately would not put my boy in leopard...

That's kind of what I was thinking. This is for my cousins baby and mom is the princess of pink, which is handy because so am I! Haha. She majorly wants a pretty cover. I wonder if I got the Leopard, if I could sew a pink trim around the belly pad or something. Maybe embroider her name on the top of the cover. Embellishments are ok, right??

amy919

I have the Aloha and LOVE it! I also really like the Leopard and would definitely put a girl in one. But, it would clash with my cowmoo:)

Amy

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I am not sure about decorating covers, not something I would do, but you can call Britax about that...

Have you considered jsut going with a MA instead of a RA..much more covers to choose from

cpsaddict

I am not sure about decorating covers, not something I would do, but you can call Britax about that...

Have you considered jsut going with a MA instead of a RA..much more covers to choose from

Oh, don't get me started on why they have an RA and not a MA. They have a 20mth old in the RA now and when he was an infant I told them to get a MA because it would last so much longer. She gets to Target and calls me and tells me she loves the AOE. UGHHH. Then she calls and says her mom likes the RA and that is what she bought. Ok, still not the most cost effective, but better than an AOE in terms of ease of use. Soooo, for Riley (their DS) he will be getting an Apex from me and new baby Bailey will get the RA with a new cover. Riley will not get the Apex until Christmas 2007, just because I want him to have more time in the RA. He is still just 30lbs and would seem swallowed by the Apex right now( I think).
I don't think I want to decorate it either, so I am aiming to get the Aloha, even though I would LOVE the Popsicle from 2001.

arly1983

I know someone who had a puma who had their daughters name embroidered in pink at the top and guess what the babies name was Bailey...No idea if that is allowed, you could call britax....
I actually had a RA aloha cover for Baby #2 while I was still preggie but then we were in a wreck and the RA was replaced with MA and sold the aloha on ebay...

cpsaddict

I know someone who had a puma who had their daughters name embroidered in pink at the top and guess what the babies name was Bailey...No idea if that is allowed, you could call britax....
I actually had a RA aloha cover for Baby #2 while I was still preggie but then we were in a wreck and the RA was replaced with MA and sold the aloha on ebay...

I think the Aloha is definately cute, cute, cute, but $71!!?? Yikes. I might have to just bite the bullet and buy one. Maybe they will come out with something between now and ??? Baby is due August 3rd and will be in a, you guessed it, a pink Snugride. :p

Suzibeck

Someone used to have a Husky that was embellished. They had called Britax and Ok'd it first. They really wanted a girly cover and embroidered flowers on the blue Husky. I'm not sure who did this tho. It was someone from the old ivillage boards.

My MA (stormy) has a floral iron on patch right where dd's left butt cheek sits. One day the MA was sitting in the garage and dd jammed a metal rod into it tearing a hole about the size of a dime in the cover. I considered buying several and scattering them around the cover, but then I figured that would just be rewarding her for destroying the cover to begin with.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I know it's a little off topic, but do the RAs not come with HUGS? If so, the ones for this seat seem to be missing...especially if she only took it out for photos. :confused:

The RA doesn't come with HUGS since it has a 40lbs weight limit.

I don't know if the OP is the same one I posted to a while back, but I have a RA cover in Teddy Bear I'd be willing to sell. It's GN, but much cuter then a solid.

Feb_06009.jpg

cpsaddict

It is me! I was waiting to see if they found out for sure it was a girl. I will ask mom if she likes that cover. How much do you want for it?

The RA doesn't come with HUGS since it has a 40lbs weight limit.

I don't know if the OP is the same one I posted to a while back, but I have a RA cover in Teddy Bear I'd be willing to sell. It's GN, but much cuter then a solid.

Feb_06009.jpg

arly1983

I know it's an older cover, but it's personally one of my alltime favorites...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Car-Seat-w-LATCH-Pink_W0QQitemZ190099678287QQcategoryZ66695QQcmdZViewItem

Granted that's a seat with the cover, but i heart the pink roundabout!

i contaccted the seller to find out the DOM...Here is her response.

10/03 but the box was not opened until last week. It's the exact same as the 2007 model (I have an 07 model in a different pattern).

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i contaccted the seller to find out the DOM...Here is her response.

10/03 but the box was not opened until last week. It's the exact same as the 2007 model (I have an 07 model in a different pattern).

wow quite expensive for a seat that is so old...

arly1983

Yep, I linked her to the Britax website and said that if the price of the seat would come down accordingly I would be interested...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC