Will This Get Less Annoying?

Chely7425

Ok, as most of you know I just had a baby 3 weeks ago... and he is TINY compared to my first 2. My older boys wore NB clothes for MAYBE a week, probably less. This little guy? A lot of NB stuff is still too big on him, still fits in a few preemie things. He is in an SR35 that fits him quite well as far as strap height and everything but OMG getting him into that thing and buckled is a PITA. The crotch clip is so long its like, touching the chest clip and I am convinced I am going to buckle his chin or something. Will this get less annoying anytime soon?

ADS

Baylor

Ok, as most of you know I just had a baby 3 weeks ago... and he is TINY compared to my first 2. My older boys wore NB clothes for MAYBE a week, probably less. This little guy? A lot of NB stuff is still too big on him, still fits in a few preemie things. He is in an SR35 that fits him quite well as far as strap height and everything but OMG getting him into that thing and buckled is a PITA. The crotch clip is so long its like, touching the chest clip and I am convinced I am going to buckle his chin or something. Will this get less annoying anytime soon?

My little guy came home at 5lb10oz. I know what you mean. Yes! He will grow and it will get easier and easier! Congratulations!

Chely7425

It is driving me bonkers... I seriously avoid taking him places because putting him in the carseat is such a headache! With my older 2 I had a SR22 and they were huge in that thing from the beginning... but they both also outgrew it by 5 months.

Baylor

It is driving me bonkers... I seriously avoid taking him places because putting him in the carseat is such a headache! With my older 2 I had a SR22 and they were huge in that thing from the beginning... but they both also outgrew it by 5 months.

I had a convertible and an infant seat for DS. At first I thought it would be easier to use the convertible but to be honest, It was so much seat and if was more of a pain to stand in the cold getting it right.

For me The infant seat just became easier. He went on a growth spurt and by 4 months, I could no longer keep him in that seat. He was too big went back to the convertible and it was so much easier.

It is so hard when they are so little and fight you.

Shanora

are you adding a rolled up wash cloth at the crotch? This will help with the harness issures

nevaehsmommy

He is due for a growth spurt in the next week or so. Give it some time it does get better.

Nevaeh was tiny to. She stayed at 6 1/2 pounds until she was 6 weeks old. I had the SR22 the chest clip and buckle just stacked on top of each other. The chest clip say right under her chin.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
its sort of fun after a while.
Ds was 5 lb 10 oz, AND only 17 inches long, which is teh really important part, since length is why babies outgrow clothes, and fit preemie clothes for like 2-3 weeks. Then newborn clothes for..months...he didn't move INTO 0-3 month clothes until he WAS 3 months...then wore them forever....same with all the clothes ...he can still fit into most 12-18 months clothes we have, although I finally!!! bought him 24 months stuff, yay!!! . He's 3 in 7 weeks.

cpsaddict

DD was 6lbs 14oz and 19" when we brought her home in the Safeseat. It was annoying for the first little while. It took until probably 6-8wks until I wasn't cursing the seat everytime I put her in.

Last edited:

Chely7425

I hope we hit the less annoying stage soon... I can deal with this for a couple more weeks but if it stays this annoying I'm never taking him anywhere again!!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I hear you. DS was tiny. He wore preemie clothes until three months. I have a picture of him at 15 months wearing a pair of Pooh Bear overalls (kept the overalls too). They are size 3 months and rolled up at the legs to keep him from walking on them.

About the time he was big enough for there to be space between the buckle and the chest clip and his chin, he was old enough to to try to roll out of the straps while I tried to buckle him up.

andre149

Not his crotch, the space between his crotch and the crotch strap on the seat. Sometimes it can help when the buckle comes up too high on a newbie :)

Hope he grows into it soon, that buckle/chest clip looks so huge on some newbies :)

babyherder

:ROTFLMAO: The wash cloth goes between the baby's crotch and the crotch strap. You don't stuff it down his pants or anything! It keeps the baby from sliding down if the crotch strap is too far away from the crotch strap.

emtb79

Clov878- Thanks for that laugh I still have tears in my eyes and a pain in my side.The visual image of stuffing a kids pants was hysterical.

Chely7425

Yeah.. the mental image of a newborn stuffing his pants was pretty awesome... and yes, I hope he grows into the seat soon!

urchin_grey

I know how you feel. :p DS was 17" and under 6lbs when we brought him home. I was so unprepared for how small he was going to be. He was born at 39w so it didn't occur to me that NB clothes could possibly be too big. I'm sure he probably didn't quite fit his SR22 either, but I didn't know any better at the time.

mommy-medic

:ROTFLMAO: baby Bono!

I'm sure he will grow soon, and you'll forget how tiny he was. Congrats on your noob- they sprout up so fast, enjoy this stage while you can. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC