GEEK PLAYDATE! NY/NJ/PA/CT Peeps - playtime in 2011 8-pass Odyssey Touring Elite!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
All carseat geeks (and little geeks-in-training) are welcome! It's going to be this Monday (11/8) from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM.

Come late, leave early - it doesn't matter. Just be there!!! I neeeeeed you all! :love:

Goshen, NY (Orange County) is close to I-84, I-87, Route 17 (aka I-86 further upstate).

PM me for specific location details just be warned that we will be outside in a parking lot so dress for the weather! A list of CRs that I do and don't have will follow shortly.

View attachment 8516

ETA - List of seats that I have and don't have (but would like to try):

Have:
Infant - KeyFit30, SS1 (aka SnugRide 32/35), onBoard 22 (same as newer 35 lb model with premium base), original SnugRide 22, Shuttle 33, Flex-Loc
Convertibles - Radian65, RadianXT (non-SL model), old style MA/RA/DC, MyRide, Sym65, ETA, Titan, Scenera
Combo - Nautilus, original Frontier80, Maestro, SafeGuard Go
HBB - Turbo, Harmony Dreamtime, Vivo, original Parkway, Oobr, Volvo HBB
LBB- Harmony LiteRider, Turbo, BigKid, HighRise, Olli
Other - RSTV (old style)

Don't Have:
Any new style Britax convertible, TrueFit, CA, FR85, Coccoro, ProSport, ProBooster, Monterey, Dorel Hybrid Go, Orbit infant or toddler.

Last edited:
ADS

tl01

All carseat geeks (and little geeks-in-training) are welcome! It's either going to be this Monday (11/8) or Tuesday (11/9) from 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM. Let me know which day works better for you and we'll chose the day that is more convenient for the majority.

Come late, leave early - it doesn't matter. Just be there!!! I neeeeeed you all! :love:

Goshen, NY (Orange County) is close to I-84, I-87, Route 17 (aka I-86 further upstate).

PM me for specific location details just be warned that we will be outside in a parking lot so dress for the weather! A list of CRs that I do and don't have will follow shortly.

View attachment 8516

Oooh... looks like a touring or touring elite!

LuvMyCharlie

Monday is better for me since DS is in preschool on Tuesday and I have to pick him up by 2 pm. And I'll prob. only come if Beck will come with me, since I'll have both kids and that's a bit of a drive. ;)

BeckC

I can only go on Monday.

PS - Hey, any instructors want to sign off on seats for me so I don't lose my tech status in a couple weeks? lol

monstah

Oooh, I will be an hour away on Monday. BUT, I will have all three kids with me and DH is working.
I'll let you know, I don't want to miss this!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
:( i work all day both days

<cough> call in sick with carseat fever <cough>

I can only go on Monday.

PS - Hey, any instructors want to sign off on seats for me so I don't lose my tech status in a couple weeks? lol

That can be arranged but I might feel the need to challenge you! Ever installed a Nania Airway or a RF Intera? :whistle: :p

monstah

Don't Have:
Any new style Britax convertible, TrueFit, CA, FR85, Coccoro, ProSport, ProBooster, Monterey, Dorel Hybrid Go, Orbit infant or toddler.

Well, if I can make it (and I think I can!) I can bring a Coccoro if someone wants me too. Otherwise, my kids will be in a Frontier 85 with SG clip, a GN & a RN65 SL dressed in XT clothing (it's awesome). :p

Baylor

I am completely jealous. I am not sure why yet.. if it is al lthe different makes of car seats.. or the ability to safely install them or just because it sounds like a fun day for car seat enthusiasts...

Lemonade

Oooh. That is so tempting. But it's nearly 3 hours for me (Philly) and I'd have both kids. Darn, cuz last week I bought a Hybrid Go and I'd love to get a tech to play with it with me so I know I'm doing it all the right way. If this ever ends up a little closer to me, I would really make an effort to go.

Can you see me telling DH that I'm driving 3 hours each way to meet strangers in a parking lot with our kids.... A few months ago I drove 2+ hours to Baltimore (used to live there) to pick up a FR from a carseat crazy friend under the guise of a playdate, sort of.

Anyway, I'll be wishing I was there.

Meg

Ooo, I think I can swing by and I have some seats that aren't on your list that will be in my car.. RA55, CA, and RN 80SL!

Jennifer mom to my 7

Okay, quick... I can do Monday, but need to know, like soon. By tomorrow morning, so dh can arrange his day for Tuesday. (I don't drive, he takes me:love:) I will have 2 kids (the 3.5 and 2 year old) and a dh to help out, too;) He is more than willing to help me out, and you all out, for me to get out of the house:love::love:

Sooo, decide soon:whistle:

and the only seats I have different are a montery and a regent. XTSL and old style boulevard will be in use. Ooh, you don't have a monterey, guess I will need to pack the back. Any strollers to add?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC