Question about Radians

ADS

Mae

We had a discussion with the engineer of Sunshine Kids. Here is the chat log, if you'd like to read over it. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=40794

Please remember though, that there are certain requirements in order to use the Radian with the child's shoulders above the top slots.

Forward-facing: Straps should be in nearest slot at or above the level of the child's shoulders.

Note: When using the uppermost harness position, level of child's shoulders can be above harness slot as long as the child is proper height (see page 34).

Page 34:
Maximum Height:
Child is too tall for restraint if tops of the ears are above the back of the restraint OR if the child is more than 53" tall.

Here is a thread were we discussed this issue. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=129419

My3Ls

Thanks for the link. But he doesnt really explain why or how it works that it can be used that way. I am a bit more comfortable using it that way but Im still not so sure! DD is 6 and 60 so definately old and big enough to go to a booster. My Radian still has lots of life left. I cant post it for sale on the swap board because Ive not been a member long enough and all that.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You could sell it on craigslist instead. Why do you want to sell it here, where you would have to ship it?

Last edited:

My3Ls

I have it listed on craigslist. Ive not had any inquiries. On here I know people are interested in using good seats. In this area very few people use them. The law in Arkansas is 6 years/60 lbs, and lots dont even make it that far.

Mae

Here are the requirements to gain access to post things in Swap:

Senior Community Members , Technical Professionals and any member with a paid subscription may submit new threads (wanted, for sale, for trade, price checks) in the Carseat Swap (Carseats and CPS related) and Swap-O-Rama (all other items) sub-forums. Senior Community Members are Community Members who have been registered for 1 year, have 100 posts and 50 reputation points. No exceptions will be made. (From Here.)

Nope, buying from Amazon won't get you Swap access, you need to become a paid subscriber in order to post new threads in Swap, or earn Swap access over time by attaining a certain post count, reputation level, and time registered. :) http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=20767 has details about access criteria and subscription levels if you scroll down farther.

So for you personally, you would have to become a Paid Subscriber since you don't meet the requirements of being registered for 1 year, have 100 posts, and have 50 reputations points.

Pixels

See the little scales icon in the lower left corner, below your screen name? If someone likes something you wrote, they can leave you reputation. As you gain reputation, the little boxes under your screen name fill in. More green boxes = more reputation. Your box is black, which means you haven't turned it on in your control panel. You can still receive reputation with it turned off, but you are less likely to IMO because other users see that you aren't using it.

My3Ls

See the little scales icon in the lower left corner, below your screen name? If someone likes something you wrote, they can leave you reputation. As you gain reputation, the little boxes under your screen name fill in. More green boxes = more reputation. Your box is black, which means you haven't turned it on in your control panel. You can still receive reputation with it turned off, but you are less likely to IMO because other users see that you aren't using it.

Ok how do I turn it on?

Mae

People give out reputation points by clicking the scales on the lower left hand side of a post. Giving "Thanks" also gives a reputation point.

You are more likely to earn reputation points when you have your rep turned on. You also tend to get more rep if you give rep, because people see that you are willing to take the time to rep them. :)

You can check your Rep count by clicking here. -- It's the User CP button at the top left of the blue bar. :)

To turn your reputation on, click here and then check the box that says to show your reputation level. Make sure you hit "save changes" when you are done.

I can tell that your rep is off because your box is grey, while mine is green.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC