I did a stupid

Aurezalia

Went to put the baby in the car to do CSA pick-up this afternoon. Had my TB in the back for the 8 year old I had last night. I pulled it out and put it on top of my car to stick in the trunk after I had the baby in his seat.
Sooo... I buckled him up, then got in the front seat and drove off. Made it not even 15 seconds down the street before hearing a "thunk!" :eek: I realized immediately what it was and jumped out to grab it.
I'm thinking I need to replace? :rolleyes: It was a dirt road, I didn't hit any faster than 10pmh, and it was about/less than a 5ft fall, and I checked it over for any stress marks... WWYD?

ADS

HayleyCPST

Graco requires that you replace the seat after any type of crash....possibly including it falling off the car. It might be the same as checking it into the airline.

I would replace it if I were you :(

ETA: I've done this before with a coffee cup and my backpack...

swtgi1982

Do not feel bad I was moving seats around the other night after dark and forgot my nephew turbo from my car in the driveway and over night it became a bed to a raccoon and got frost covered!

Aurezalia

I'd call Graco and see what they think.

Planning on doing that tomorrow morning. Figured that's the only way I'll get a definite answer - but might as well ask you guys anyway. :)

Graco requires that you replace the seat after any type of crash....possibly including it falling off the car. It might be the same as checking it into the airline.

I would replace it if I were you :(

ETA: I've done this before with a coffee cup and my backpack...

My thoughts exactly - this is why we recommend against checking seats. I've also pulled this with a couple of slices of pizza, LOL. Thankfully not too many other things.

Aurezalia

Do not feel bad I was moving seats around the other night after dark and forgot my nephew turbo from my car in the driveway and over night it became a bed to a raccoon and got frost covered!

:eek::eek::eek:
Goodness! At least we don't need to worry about that here - It won't even dip below the 60's tonight. LOL. Nor do we have racoons... Might need to look out for coyotes, though.

HayleyCPST

My thoughts exactly - this is why we recommend against checking seats. I've also pulled this with a couple of slices of pizza, LOL. Thankfully not too many other things.

LOL not the pizza! Let me know what Graco says, I'm always curious to hear what they will say.

Don't feel bad, you were focused on getting the kiddo safely in the car.

swtgi1982

:eek::eek::eek:
Goodness! At least we don't need to worry about that here - It won't even dip below the 60's tonight. LOL. Nor do we have racoons... Might need to look out for coyotes, though.

Did not get a picture of the racoon in it, since he ran as I walked up to bad since it would have been a great pic to put on here for fun.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I would like to know what they say as well. I mean..my 6 yo carries hers around, and drops it. I know they get set on kitchen tables and pushed off, things like that. I think normal everyday use pretty much uincludes the occasional drop, push or toss.

Aurezalia

LOL not the pizza! Let me know what Graco says, I'm always curious to hear what they will say.
Don't feel bad, you were focused on getting the kiddo safely in the car.

Yes, the pizza! It was a very disappointing evening. LOL. It only sucks because my awesome $25 HBB deal is now a bust. :rolleyes:

Did not get a picture of the racoon in it, since he ran as I walked up to bad since it would have been a great pic to put on here for fun.
Oh, I can just imagine! "Is this proper use?":ROTFLMAO:

HayleyCPST

Oooh! Yay! :p
Oh wait... take it up with Mae. She's supposed to be in charge of my money management. :whistle:
(Mae? I'm breaking the rules today. :eek:)

uh oh. Are you buying too many car seats? I had to have an intervention. South Africa will do that to you!
Do you really need a new booster?

Aurezalia

No, she does not. Aure, when are you ever going to drive her again? Hm? You drive bebes. You have plenty of seats to drive the said bebes.

I might actually have them tomorrow night. And next time I DO have her, I'll have C also, so I will need 2. :whistle:

Aurezalia

Also, she proclaimed to me: "I don't LIKE riding in boosters. They hurt my butt. I want a CUSHY booster!" So... that's an excuse to get a nicer booster, right? :eek:

HayleyCPST

Also, she proclaimed to me: "I don't LIKE riding in boosters. They hurt my butt. I want a CUSHY booster!" So... that's an excuse to get a nicer booster, right? :eek:

LOL oh my goodness. This is now between you and Mae since she's your accountant.
What did I start :doh:
Have a good night ladies!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC