Lap Babies on Airplane video on Youtube (Sioux City crash)

JOII

Hi everyone. I just uploaded the Seconds from Disaster Sioux City video to you tube. I only used the parts about the lap babies. If you haven't see it, it IS a must see. A while back I actually made copy's of the full program and sold them at cost for another car seat forum.

I would love for everyone to view and leave comments letting parents know about this danger.

I don't really have a way with words so If someone would please also critique my info on the side and help me write something better I would appreciate it.

This is a great resource of a REAL crash and would be wonderful to have posted to share with parents.

Please spread the link around and feel free to embed it or link it on your own sites!

It may be a few minutes before its ready to watch!

Thanks!

ADS

JOII

I forgot the link, DER!

I cant get it till the video uploads, so it tells me so Ill be back shortly with it!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Can't wait to see this. I remember the Sioux City crash, and it's one that I mention often when someone says they think airplane crashes are so severe car seats are pointless.

JOII

OK got it.

I kept the crash footage in only because i thought it would be weird to only show the before and after with no crash in the middle.

The whole video it self is hard to watch but I think the whole thing is too big for you tube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rC4Q3ofz7SI

arly1983

Oh, I am going to email that to my cousin who is flying with us this summer...we purchase both of our kids plan tickets but her son, who is Jacksons age, is going to be a lap baby....I hope this gets through....
Thanks so MUCH!

JOII

Can everyone see the whole thing, some one on another forum just told me that she can only see a little over 2 minutes, not the full 2 minutes 30 seconds.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I was able to see the entire thing, but when I reloaded the page, I got an error saying the video is not available.

JOII

Yeah not working for me either, Ive had this issue once before with them too Im getting:

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to completely process.

Hopefully it will be up soon. I can always put it on another video hosting site but I prefer youtube for many reasons.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Oh, I am going to email that to my cousin who is flying with us this summer...we purchase both of our kids plan tickets but her son, who is Jacksons age, is going to be a lap baby....I hope this gets through....
Thanks so MUCH!

If your cousin's son is Jackson's age (past his 2nd birthday), he will not be allowed as a lap child - tickets must be purchased for children 2 and over if I am not mistaken.
Which is great - your cousin will have to get a seat for him and might as well bring his carseat too!

Renee

ThreeBeans

I'm just thinking of the horror of losing my grip on my baby as fire rolls through a crashing plane :crying:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC