Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Community Member

Re: Best price for pillow pets?

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahn View Post
    My girls want these too. Has anyone seen the smaller 11" ones in person? Their beds are already totally overrun with stuffed things. I wonder if the smaller ones would be ok....
    I've seen them at the mall. I think the smaller size is okay for an stuffed animal but it is pretty small for a pillow. My kids like to lay on them while watching movies and my 15 month old now sleeps on hers like a pillow.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by littleangelfire View Post
    Here's a turtle on eBay, you could offer the seller $20, and then just $5 shipping. Or offer the $25 he's asking, but ask for free shipping.

Yeah, my sister wanted some rather hard to find limited edition zebra. They have a zebra - and it's hard enough to find - with black underbelly and trip. She wanted the zebra with pink trim. Or the cat, which was hard to find, too. My son wanted a monkey, which at the time, before all these hit the stores, was hard to find, too.
    Thanks! There was a stand at the mall yesterday. They were selling them for $25 each or $20 each if you bought two. We bought the turtle. DH stayed behind while I took the kids to the car. The guy wrapped it in a dark trash bag and DS1 was none the wiser!
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2env View Post
    I do!
    I just looked and it says In Store Only. Do you have one near you? If so I'll mail it to you.
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

Quote Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
    Thanks! There was a stand at the mall yesterday. They were selling them for $25 each or $20 each if you bought two. We bought the turtle. DH stayed behind while I took the kids to the car. The guy wrapped it in a dark trash bag and DS1 was none the wiser!

Yay! Glad you found one.

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calideedle View Post
    I just looked and it says In Store Only. Do you have one near you? If so I'll mail it to you.
    I do have one near by. I'll pm you my addy.

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

Carseat Crazy

Does BBB only have the 4 they show online or are there more in stores? My boys want the bee, trex and dalmation
    Landon 11, 65lbs in AMP
    Casen 9, 61lbs in AMP
    Hayden 6, 42lbs in Probooster
    Preston 3yrs, 28lbs, RF in MySize70

Senior Community Member

What's sad is they have them listed in some black friday sales..........For the original price of $19.99

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3tx View Post
    Does BBB only have the 4 they show online or are there more in stores? My boys want the bee, trex and dalmation
    They should have the bee, almost everywhere that has pillow pets has the bee. The t-rex and dalmation are rare, you can probably only get them on amazon, ebay, or the pillow pets site and they are probably more expensive too.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    They should have the bee, almost everywhere that has pillow pets has the bee. The t-rex and dalmation are rare, you can probably only get them on amazon, ebay, or the pillow pets site and they are probably more expensive too.

Thank you...of course they would have to choose more expensive ones lol
    Landon 11, 65lbs in AMP
    Casen 9, 61lbs in AMP
    Hayden 6, 42lbs in Probooster
    Preston 3yrs, 28lbs, RF in MySize70

Ok, so I'm changing it up again, sorry guys.
    We got a penguin from Bed bath and beyond with a coupon and were going to get the unicorn later. I was just looking at the penguin, we're not really impressed. It's lumpy and not that soft and a bunch of fur was coming off.
    We're starting to think, for the money, maybe we should just get knockoffs. The kids would like them the same, I'm sure, and it would save a ton of money. If the original Pillow Pets aren't super nice and lose fur, the knockoffs shouldn't be a problem.

But, Abby really wants the unicorn, I saw one brand before that had a unicorn, so I am going to look around and see if I can find that again.
    Or maybe we'll get them the original pillow pets just the smaller ones. How much are those ones at the mall and such? I see them for $15 on Amazon but I could get the big size for $15 at BBB with a coupon so thats pointless.

ETA, then again, maybe not. These knockoff's I'm finding aren't that much cheaper than the pillow pets. Most don't have unicorns, and the ones that do, aren't very cute. If we stick to the originals, we are for sure exchanging the penguin, I don't think the fur is supposed to be coming off like crazy.
    Last edited by Holly; 12-02-2010 at 01:45 AM.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Carseat Crazy

Ava has had the Ladybug for 6 months or longer and it is super soft and hasn't lost any fur at all. I have even washed it in the machine 4 times. Maybe that was a bad one?
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Holly, do you have a Hallmark? I was just at one near me and they had the unicorn and lots of others. A little more pricey ($24.99 each or 2 for $40), but worth it if you really want a certain one.

Do a search at slickdeals, there's a printable coupon for $5 off at a hallmark store

15. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Ok, so I'm changing it up again, sorry guys.
    We got a penguin from Bed bath and beyond with a coupon and were going to get the unicorn later. I was just looking at the penguin, we're not really impressed. It's lumpy and not that soft and a bunch of fur was coming off.
    We're starting to think, for the money, maybe we should just get knockoffs. The kids would like them the same, I'm sure, and it would save a ton of money. If the original Pillow Pets aren't super nice and lose fur, the knockoffs shouldn't be a problem.

If we stick to the originals, we are for sure exchanging the penguin, I don't think the fur is supposed to be coming off like crazy.
    Yeah, the fur shouldn't be coming off like that. My 15 month old has the penguin and it has been washed 7 or 8 times in the washing machine (even though I thought it said spot clean only ) and still looks perfect.

ETA: I am pretty sure I saw a $10off coupon for Hallmark floating around.
    Former CPST and Mom to

Do a search at slickdeals, there's a printable coupon for $5 off at a hallmark store
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. But I didn't remember where I got the coupon anyway. I used it today to purchase some ornaments. I was hoping to go back another day and use the $10 off coupon to buy a Pillow Pet for DD, but now I'm worried they'll say it's not vaild as somebody pointed out in the other thread.

18. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member

Thanks, I didn't read the other thread.
    Former CPST and Mom to

$10 coupon? There's a $10 coupon? Where?

And since we have both an off brand and a real pillow pet in the house I'll say the real deal is better. The off brand isn't awful, and my son likes it, but after seeing them in every store we go into now, even he can tell the difference. It's not as fluffy, nor as soft. And it doesn't say "My Pillow Pet".

$10 coupon? There's a $10 coupon? Where?

And since we have both an off brand and a real pillow pet in the house I'll say the real deal is better. The off brand isn't awful, and my son likes it, but after seeing them in every store we go into now, even he can tell the difference. It's not as fluffy, nor as soft. And it doesn't say "My Pillow Pet".
    Here's the thread. I didn't have time to link to it earlier.

22. Thank You from:

So the pillow pets are $25 at Hallmark stores? So using the $10 coupon there would not save more than using a $5 off coupon at bed bath and beyond, right?
    Mom to:

Expires in 23 mins - but knock off pillow pets for $2.99 + shipping

http://1saleaday.com/

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011