Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Re: Best price for pillow pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    So the pillow pets are $25 at Hallmark stores? So using the $10 coupon there would not save more than using a $5 off coupon at bed bath and beyond, right?
    True, but they have a better selection. Well, at least my store does.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto2 View Post
    My 15 month old has the penguin and it has been washed 7 or 8 times in the washing machine (even though I thought it said spot clean only ) and still looks perfect.
    Where did you find the spot clean washing directions? In the commericals it shows the woman throwing the pillow pet in the front-loading washing machine, so that's what I did. Well, my son's penguin no longer has a face now. We replaced it with a cow, but then my husband put that one in the dryer by accident and now the fur is kinda hard-feeling.

So anyway, how do all of you wash your pillow pets?

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Where did you find the spot clean washing directions? In the commericals it shows the woman throwing the pillow pet in the front-loading washing machine, so that's what I did. Well, my son's penguin no longer has a face now. We replaced it with a cow, but then my husband put that one in the dryer by accident and now the fur is kinda hard-feeling.

So anyway, how do all of you wash your pillow pets?
    I think it was on the tag? DH read it. We put it in our front loader, on the handwash cycle. I let it air dry then put it in the dryer after it is dry. So far, so good.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Ugh. Trying to decide. I have a dog pillow pet right now. Buy a separate stuffed dog for my son (From IKEA?) and take this back? Or will this really substitute for a stuffed dog?

He liked it in the store

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

I'd probably keep it in place of a stuffed dog, I think they work well as a stuffed animal AND a pillow.

I'm just wondering, does anyone know if JC Penney has them?
    We got a coupon in a recent ad for $10 off a $10 or more purchase. It would be cool if they have them. I didn't get any results on their website but maybe they have them in the store.

Dh said his Walmart has a bunch more now and they have the turtle, so we're going to get that for Hannah instead of the penguin we already got her. She has said before that she doesn't really care which one she gets, but she really loves the turtle. Up until now, that one has been too expensive everywhere. If JC penney has them, and has the unicorn, we can get it there.
    If not, we'll exchange the penguin at BBB for the unicorn and then just buy the turtle from Walmart.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

CPS Fanatic

I can't remember if I posted that they have them at Kohl's. I think I posted it on the other pillow pets thread. Our store had a decent selection (several bins of them) and you may be able to catch them on a good deal there with their constant sales and deals.

Went to the grocery store yesterday. They had ACTUAL Pillow Pets (I checked the tags) for $16.99.

This was at Ralphs, which is a Kroger store.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry