KidsEmbrace Car seats

nevaehsmommy

What do we know about these car seats? I remember a while back there was a person on here trying to get interest going. As I recall the seats only went to 40# but now the facebook site is saying 65# and that they got a "best fit" rating from IIHS. Top harness height of 16 inches (kinda low for 65# IMHO) and 20inches for booster. Whats your over all feel?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/KIDSEmbrace-TM/330535595068

ADS

firemomof3

Besides the cool spiderman cover...doesn't do anything for me :shrug-shoulders:
Haven't heard anything though

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Pretty sure it was decided a) they were souped up Cosco seats and b) it was creepy to sit on Spiderman's lap. LOL! (I do think they always went to 65# though.)

christineka

Pretty sure it was decided a) they were souped up Cosco seats and b) it was creepy to sit on Spiderman's lap. LOL! (I do think they always went to 65# though.)

The guy that came and answered questions said their engineers came from graco. I recently checked out their website and they now only offer the race car version of the seat. I, too thing it would be creepy to have my kid sit in any sort of character's lap- like that dorel lady bug seat.

amyd

They creep me out, honestly. They're like headless creatures:eek: The Cosco ladybug seat creeps me out too.

HayleyCPST

what lady bug seat? linky??
Check out this pic:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KIDSE...9216.330535595068&pid=4186081&id=330535595068

This kid should be RF and Alisa mentioned that. Plus...belly clip anyone?? I understand their design to make kids want to get into car seats with a cool cover, but the cup holders...really??

Plus the BPB part of it places the lap belt too high for me.

It's a good idea like the new smart seat, but the fact that they are giving out poor information is bad!

amyd

:eek::eek: YIKES! I was thinking "how could ladybugs be bad?". I'm picturing some cute ladybug patterned cover... Um, NO.

I know..now a ladybug print would be very cute. But yeah, that Intera is scary. I think I'd have nightmares if that was in my backseat...LOL.

christineka

It makes the company look bad when the chest clips aren't even placed properly in the pictures.

I'm pretty sure other companies have made the same mistake in their pictures. In fact, the picture that comes up after entering Learning curve's drawing shows a child in a true fit with a low chest clip. I'm not going to write of learning curve/the first years for it.

nevaehsmommy

I really like the lady bug seat. Would have bought it for Nevaeh if I had known about it. I know I am in the minority. Thats Ok. Do they still produce it or are the DOMs going to be horribly old? Not that I have any one who needs a seat...and not that I have any money saved up for a new car seat :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC