2001 Nissan Pathfinder

D

Darb

I am trying to find an infant seat for a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. My wife found a web site (not sure which site this was) that listed only 2 infant seats as being compatible with this automobile, and they had both been discontinued.

Help please, or else I am going to have to buy a new car.

ADS

ThreeBeans

LOL, I wouldn't jump immediately to buying a new car :p

Go to BRU or similar store, and ask to try different seats in the back. They'll hold your driver's license and let you take the floor models out to your car to experiment.

My guess is you'll almost definitely get a Graco Snugride in there, if nothing else.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I installed a Rfing Britax in a 2005 Pathfinder..and also I did a search for your ehicle and found that Britaxs install nicely

As far as infant carried, I would recomend the Graco Safe Seat 1. It really is an easy isntall in most cars. With its built in lockoff, its the easiest seatbelt install ever. Do you live near a Babies R Us or Target...I would go somewhere that will let you try the install first..

scatterbunny

That website isn't all-inclusive; parents need to send in their own data to be compiled there.

Babies R Us is a wonderful place because they have a wide variety of seats (usually) and allow you to try them in your car. Pay attention to which seats have front harness adjusters (a tug-strap between the legs), that is MUCH easier than a rear harness adjuster. Also pay attention to which ones require the handle to be down in the car, and which ones require the handle to be up in the car, and which ones allow it either way (yes, believe it or not, all of those are possible options). Also, you should know that Evenflo infant seats require the handle down, and that they also require 1.5 inches of clearance between the handle and the front seat(s).

Happy shopping! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC