Question Any Britax Cowmooflage Users Out There?

msuarez919

I need some help deciding if the cowmooflage cover is right for me. After months of research I've finally decided to purchase another Britax (the first is a classic Marathon with a granite cover that my 3 year old son has been using) for my 9 month old daughter and this time, I'm going big and getting a Boulevard 70. Here's my issue: I really wanted to get my son the cowmooflage cover for his seat at the time but couldn't see how I wouldn't be washing the thing eighty times a week. I imagined pee, poop, snack, spills and went into a tizzy and got the granite cover (which I've been really happy with, it's not sweat-inducing, it gets softer with every wash and it masks dirt REALLY well). So here I am debating the cowmooflage again... Does anyone have some firsthand accounts of the cowmooflage? Does it look dirty super quick? Or does the tan in the white part actually help to mask the dinge? Are you washing it all the time? I also know that the cowmooflage is super soft but the Boulevard also comes in Onyx which is mostly black velour and looks pretty soft, too...Thanks in advance!

ADS

cpsaddict

I have the classic MA in cowmoo and in my opinion, it actually hides dirt and grime very well. It's looks all white, but there is some tan in there, too and for some reason it stays looking nice. It also washes up great. I got my cover used and we have been using it for probably a year now and it looks new. DD is not easy on it, either. I got my Marathon 70 in Allison and I am kicking myself for not getting the cowmoo. The Allison shows every speck of dirt and I am tired of washing it. IMO, the cow is awesome!

hrice

Stains blend very well on the Cowmoo in my experience.

I just wanted to point out that the Boulevard is not a larger seat than the Marathon. Infact the new Blvd 70 actually has a shorter shell than the classic Marathon and Blvd (which are the same shell BTW).

monstah

Stains blend very well on the Cowmoo in my experience.

I just wanted to point out that the Boulevard is not a larger seat than the Marathon. Infact the new Blvd 70 actually has a shorter shell than the classic Marathon and Blvd (which are the same shell BTW).

:yeahthat: Is your 3 year old forward facing? Depending on how big he is, you might want to consider a cowmoo Frontier 85 for him and passing the classic marathon down to the baby. :thumbsup:

ETA: Unless, your marathon only has a 33 pound rear facing weight limit and you wanted to get something to keep the baby rearfacing until 3+ years old....

luckyclov

We have a Cowmoo MA70 and a Blink (stroller). I think it it does really well at camo'ing in any ick that may happen. I *really* want to replace my DD's Madison Regent with a Cowmoo FR85 for the same reason, but she's not going for it.

msg221

I had a Cowmoo cover on my old BLVD and just bought a Cowmoo cover for the Allison MA70 I now have (the Allison will now be the spare cover) and love them both! I think it hides dirt very well. And now that the cover is easier to remove on the Britax models, even if you needed to wash it, it won't be such an ordeal to remove the cover like it was on the older models!

Also, I am able to keep it a little cleaner since I don't allow anything but water to drink and non-messy snacks that are easy to clean, like crackers. Of course, you can't help the occassional puke or leaky diaper accident.

msuarez919

:yeahthat: Is your 3 year old forward facing? Depending on how big he is, you might want to consider a cowmoo Frontier 85 for him and passing the classic marathon down to the baby. :thumbsup:

ETA: Unless, your marathon only has a 33 pound rear facing weight limit and you wanted to get something to keep the baby rearfacing until 3+ years old....

I thought that would be the scenario when I found out I was pregnant with my little girl. But my son is only on the second slot of his Marathon and she is in the 98th percentile for height. (She really needs out of her infant seat!) So, I'm getting the second convertible instead of passing down the Marathon...oh well :eek:

msuarez919

Thank you all SO MUCH! I think after reading all your posts, I will pull the trigger and go with the cowmooflage. It's super cute, super soft and now I won't be afraid to let my baby sit in it :D

monstah

I thought that would be the scenario when I found out I was pregnant with my little girl. But my son is only on the second slot of his Marathon and she is in the 98th percentile for height. (She really needs out of her infant seat!) So, I'm getting the second convertible instead of passing down the Marathon...oh well :eek:

Wow, only the second slot? He will last in the Marathon for ages! Awesome. The harness is coming out of the shell from *above his shoulders for forward facing? Or from *below his shoulders if he is rear facing? Just commonly overlooked so I thought I would throw that out there. ;)

jsmom

I went back and fourth on the cow cover too. I originally ordered a Frontier 85 with the cow cover, chickened out and changed it to the blue. Then I ordered the BLVD 70 in cowmooflage and its really cute! So far we havent had any issues with the cover.

msuarez919

Wow, only the second slot? He will last in the Marathon for ages! Awesome. The harness is coming out of the shell from *above his shoulders for forward facing? Or from *below his shoulders if he is rear facing? Just commonly overlooked so I thought I would throw that out there. ;)

We've got him facing forward and the straps are below his shoulders...is this wrong?! I was told below the shoulder when I had him rear facing in his infant seat (and when he moved up to the Britax rear facing) and thought that was how I should always thread his straps...So I'm supposed to be threading above the shoulders when forward facing? If so, he's definitely on the third slot...Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning this! :thumbsup:

Mommy0608

We've got him facing forward and the straps are below his shoulders...is this wrong?! I was told below the shoulder when I had him rear facing in his infant seat (and when he moved up to the Britax rear facing) and thought that was how I should always thread his straps...So I'm supposed to be threading above the shoulders when forward facing? If so, he's definitely on the third slot...Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning this! :thumbsup:

Yep... at or below for rear-facing, at or above for forward-facing. Time to move them up. :) When his shoulders go above the top harness slots, he has outgrown the seat by height, regardless of his standing height. He fits in the seat forward-facing as long as he is under the weight limit, shoulders are at or below top harness height, and the top of his ears are below the top of the shell.

dawnp15

Yikes. It makes me wonder what else I'm doing wrong :confused:...It might be time for another trip to the inspection center...

Just wanted you to know that i think most of us have been there :thumbsup:. But this is why car-seat.org is so great, lot's of wonderful mamas here to help :love: I'm glad you have the right information now to keep those kiddos safe!!!

Mommy0608

Yikes. It makes me wonder what else I'm doing wrong :confused:...It might be time for another trip to the inspection center...

We're here to help! If you think of any other questions please feel free to ask! :) It's always a good idea to get your seats checked. Just make sure that the person doing the inspection is truly a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST). Here's a list of techs on this board who may be able to meet with you.

msuarez919

We're here to help! If you think of any other questions please feel free to ask! :) It's always a good idea to get your seats checked. Just make sure that the person doing the inspection is truly a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST). Here's a list of techs on this board who may be able to meet with you.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC