Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Any Britax Cowmooflage Users Out There?

I need some help deciding if the cowmooflage cover is right for me. After months of research I've finally decided to purchase another Britax (the first is a classic Marathon with a granite cover that my 3 year old son has been using) for my 9 month old daughter and this time, I'm going big and getting a Boulevard 70. Here's my issue: I really wanted to get my son the cowmooflage cover for his seat at the time but couldn't see how I wouldn't be washing the thing eighty times a week. I imagined pee, poop, snack, spills and went into a tizzy and got the granite cover (which I've been really happy with, it's not sweat-inducing, it gets softer with every wash and it masks dirt REALLY well). So here I am debating the cowmooflage again... Does anyone have some firsthand accounts of the cowmooflage? Does it look dirty super quick? Or does the tan in the white part actually help to mask the dinge? Are you washing it all the time? I also know that the cowmooflage is super soft but the Boulevard also comes in Onyx which is mostly black velour and looks pretty soft, too...Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Any Britax Cowmooflage Users Out There?

I have the classic MA in cowmoo and in my opinion, it actually hides dirt and grime very well. It's looks all white, but there is some tan in there, too and for some reason it stays looking nice. It also washes up great. I got my cover used and we have been using it for probably a year now and it looks new. DD is not easy on it, either. I got my Marathon 70 in Allison and I am kicking myself for not getting the cowmoo. The Allison shows every speck of dirt and I am tired of washing it. IMO, the cow is awesome!
    Jacky, CPST and mom to Kenzie(5) and Maverick(3) Riding in a Frontier, Marathon 70 and Radian, Safety 1st Store N Go and Evenflo Right Fit

4. Thank You from:

Stains blend very well on the Cowmoo in my experience.

I just wanted to point out that the Boulevard is not a larger seat than the Marathon. Infact the new Blvd 70 actually has a shorter shell than the classic Marathon and Blvd (which are the same shell BTW).
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    Stains blend very well on the Cowmoo in my experience.

I just wanted to point out that the Boulevard is not a larger seat than the Marathon. Infact the new Blvd 70 actually has a shorter shell than the classic Marathon and Blvd (which are the same shell BTW).
    Is your 3 year old forward facing? Depending on how big he is, you might want to consider a cowmoo Frontier 85 for him and passing the classic marathon down to the baby.

ETA: Unless, your marathon only has a 33 pound rear facing weight limit and you wanted to get something to keep the baby rearfacing until 3+ years old....

8. Thank You from:

We have a Cowmoo MA70 and a Blink (stroller). I think it it does really well at camo'ing in any ick that may happen. I *really* want to replace my DD's Madison Regent with a Cowmoo FR85 for the same reason, but she's not going for it.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

10. Thank You from:

I had a Cowmoo cover on my old BLVD and just bought a Cowmoo cover for the Allison MA70 I now have (the Allison will now be the spare cover) and love them both! I think it hides dirt very well. And now that the cover is easier to remove on the Britax models, even if you needed to wash it, it won't be such an ordeal to remove the cover like it was on the older models!

Also, I am able to keep it a little cleaner since I don't allow anything but water to drink and non-messy snacks that are easy to clean, like crackers. Of course, you can't help the occassional puke or leaky diaper accident.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

12. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by monstah View Post
    Is your 3 year old forward facing? Depending on how big he is, you might want to consider a cowmoo Frontier 85 for him and passing the classic marathon down to the baby.

ETA: Unless, your marathon only has a 33 pound rear facing weight limit and you wanted to get something to keep the baby rearfacing until 3+ years old....
    I thought that would be the scenario when I found out I was pregnant with my little girl. But my son is only on the second slot of his Marathon and she is in the 98th percentile for height. (She really needs out of her infant seat!) So, I'm getting the second convertible instead of passing down the Marathon...oh well

Thank you all SO MUCH! I think after reading all your posts, I will pull the trigger and go with the cowmooflage. It's super cute, super soft and now I won't be afraid to let my baby sit in it

Quote Originally Posted by msuarez919 View Post
    I thought that would be the scenario when I found out I was pregnant with my little girl. But my son is only on the second slot of his Marathon and she is in the 98th percentile for height. (She really needs out of her infant seat!) So, I'm getting the second convertible instead of passing down the Marathon...oh well
    Wow, only the second slot? He will last in the Marathon for ages! Awesome. The harness is coming out of the shell from *above his shoulders for forward facing? Or from *below his shoulders if he is rear facing? Just commonly overlooked so I thought I would throw that out there.

16. Thank You from:

I went back and fourth on the cow cover too. I originally ordered a Frontier 85 with the cow cover, chickened out and changed it to the blue. Then I ordered the BLVD 70 in cowmooflage and its really cute! So far we havent had any issues with the cover.
    DD 9.06
    DD 2.12
    #3 EDD 5/27

18. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by monstah View Post
    Wow, only the second slot? He will last in the Marathon for ages! Awesome. The harness is coming out of the shell from *above his shoulders for forward facing? Or from *below his shoulders if he is rear facing? Just commonly overlooked so I thought I would throw that out there.
    We've got him facing forward and the straps are below his shoulders...is this wrong?! I was told below the shoulder when I had him rear facing in his infant seat (and when he moved up to the Britax rear facing) and thought that was how I should always thread his straps...So I'm supposed to be threading above the shoulders when forward facing? If so, he's definitely on the third slot...Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning this!

20. Thank You from:

We've got him facing forward and the straps are below his shoulders...is this wrong?! I was told below the shoulder when I had him rear facing in his infant seat (and when he moved up to the Britax rear facing) and thought that was how I should always thread his straps...So I'm supposed to be threading above the shoulders when forward facing? If so, he's definitely on the third slot...Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning this!
    Yep... at or below for rear-facing, at or above for forward-facing. Time to move them up. When his shoulders go above the top harness slots, he has outgrown the seat by height, regardless of his standing height. He fits in the seat forward-facing as long as he is under the weight limit, shoulders are at or below top harness height, and the top of his ears are below the top of the shell.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

22. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy0608 View Post
    Yep... at or below for rear-facing, at or above for forward-facing. Time to move them up.
    Yikes. It makes me wonder what else I'm doing wrong ...It might be time for another trip to the inspection center...

Yikes. It makes me wonder what else I'm doing wrong ...It might be time for another trip to the inspection center...
    Just wanted you to know that i think most of us have been there . But this is why car-seat.org is so great, lot's of wonderful mamas here to help I'm glad you have the right information now to keep those kiddos safe!!!
    DD1~8 DD2~5 DS~5 DS2~2

25. Thank You from:

We're here to help! If you think of any other questions please feel free to ask! It's always a good idea to get your seats checked. Just make sure that the person doing the inspection is truly a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST). Here's a list of techs on this board who may be able to meet with you.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy0608 View Post
    We're here to help! If you think of any other questions please feel free to ask! It's always a good idea to get your seats checked. Just make sure that the person doing the inspection is truly a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST). Here's a list of techs on this board who may be able to meet with you.
    Thanks so much!