Booster question, need answer quick.

Laurette

What is the tallest adjustment of any booster? What booster(s) adjust high? Can anyone tell me how high the Probooster adjusts?

TIA

ETA: The reason I'm asking is; It seems like to me a child outgrowing a Regent (20 in top slots, correct?) will not really fit in any highback booster for any length of time to justify buying said booster. Does that make sence to anyone else? Reasonable?

ADS

Chameleon

Well the ProBooster adjusts to 20.75.

The highest booster would be the Frontier 80 in booster mode. I'm not sure of the measurements except that it's really tall.

The PW is 21.25
The PWSG is 21.5
The Cosco Pronto is 22.5 according to the data sheet
The Oobr is 20.5-21.25 according to the data sheet
The Vivo is 21
The Monterey is 21.5 according to to the data sheet

For me I would not leave a child in a Regent until they outgrow it. They would get transitioned to a booster before that point.

http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/ Here is that data link

Last edited:

christineka

While the top slots of the regent may be high, the regent is reclined and therefore, you lose some hight installed. I think it's more like 19 inches installed torso hight.

I believe the safety 1st air boost (requires vehicle support) and sk monterey are the tallest at around 22 inches. Next come the parkways, pronto, vivo, and probooster at 21. Not sure about the chicco strada or clek oobr.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Well, my dd was just under 6 when she outgrew the regent by harness height, so she really wasn't extremely extended harnessed. She was probably at about a 19.5 inch torso. I just had to take the back off of her monterey, at 7 years 8 months. Prior to the monterey, she road in an old style parkway (that she had not outgrown before I moved her to the monterey).

My 5 year old may outgrow the regent by height before 6, also. She was moved to the top slots in August.

Mom-of-Two

I don't mean to highjack the original question, but my 6 yo is in a Regent and JUST ready to move up to the top slots- she is not tall by any means, she's not quite 45 inches tall, unsure of her torso but not very long. She is even with the slot she's on now, but it does not come from under, it's just right at her shoulder- so I will be moving up to the top slots anytime now. She JUST moved to the top slots on the Nautilus as well, so I guess she IS short. :)

I know this has been hashed out over and over and there is no conclusive evidence wither way, however she loves her Regent and would seriously stay in that thing forever. And at her size, clearly she COULD stay harnessed in it for a LONG time yet- but I don't expect to have a harnessed 9 yo. I just don't really have a compelling reason to take her out of the seat- I don't need it for another child, my 33 mo old is still pretty small for a Regent and has a MA that we bought new, we just turned him FF in it when he hit the 33lb limit. So, when do I move her into a booster if there is no reason to? She gets herself in and out for school drop off as well, so no problem there.

I am just confused b/s I have always been told harness as long as possible, yet so many here say a child of proper age and size is no safer in a harness than a booster- and some even suspect the neck load is greater at that age in a harness, so a booster may be safer in that respect.

I am going to get the PWSGL but the only problem is I don't like that the SG clip can't be stored under when not in use, there is just a hole there, in the old version there was a fabric piece that would come over that opening- I don't think I'd be using a SG clip on a 7-9 yo, that doesn't seem necessary.

Just looking for personal experience- since I saw the one pp say she'd never leave a child harnessed till they outgrew the Regent.

Thanks!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Frontier 80 is 24". The Frontier 85 is 23". Those are the two tallest.

There are many boosters that will get kids a year to 18 months at least after a Regent.

However, if your eight or nine year old is outgrowing a Regent, a backless isn't the worst thing. If your six year old is, you eke out as much high back time as you can.

Wendy

Jennifer mom to my 7

The Frontier 80 is 24". The Frontier 85 is 23". Those are the two tallest.

There are many boosters that will get kids a year to 18 months at least after a Regent.

However, if your eight or nine year old is outgrowing a Regent, a backless isn't the worst thing. If your six year old is, you eke out as much high back time as you can.

Wendy

ANd I tried. Still didn't make it to 8 in the high back;) The frontier just seemed like overkill to buy it just for booster use (although, the 5 year old is eyeing a pink frontier 85:whistle:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC