peeling labels

christineka

I know sk gets a lot of flack for their cracking and peeling labels. I can at least understand it. Those labels are exposed to the sun, people rubbing them, or touching seats. The vivo dom is on the underside of the booster, where it curves up. It is not in a place where the sun should reach it often, nor should people, or even the car touch that label. Yet both of mine are falling off. Once that happens, there will be no easy way to tell the dom.

blushdom.jpg

My crimson label isn't curled, but it has still partially separated from the seat.

crimsondom.jpg

(I thought I'd better photograph them before they were gone completely.)

Do any other seats have issues with labels falling off?

ADS

Mae

My Graco SS1 base has the same problem. All three of them, actually.

Kobain's Mommy

I've had issues with my SS1s lable on the bases come off, but the one missing on the seat itself I took off since it had gotten wet and mold was growing under it. I've never had an issue with a DOM lable falling off though.

simplychels

Truth be told my Graco MR has horrid sticker buckling compared to my RN. And I rarely use my MR. So it's not in the sun, it's not being rubbed, or whatever else. The RN is our daily use seat and it's holding up much better. Pretty shocking actually. Granted none of them have fallen off so I don't make a big deal of it.

Maggie

My SS1 has no stickers anymore. None on the base or the seat.

DD1's Monterey has stickers that are about to fall off.

Evolily

Wonder if you could tape them on?

You could, but they are suppose to last the lifetime of the seat (I believe this is part of the federal rules). However, I'm not 100% sure there is any adhesive that can be guaranteed to last 6-9 years in real world conditions.

Is it bad that I have no clue if the GN's are missing labels, nor do I really care? :eek: .

emtb79

I mustbe the exception to the rule then all my labels are still in tact some are a little illegable because of getting wet and drying but the adhesive has held up. Yes i know its weird but that goes with my house.:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC