Question Just wondering...

morgano

If anyone knows on the show Full House what kind of car seats were used for Nicky and Alex? I know they also functioned as swings and later on in the episode they switched to a different kind of car seat. I'll post a link of the video whey they bring the twins home. I think it's graco but I want to know what model. I'm just curious. :love:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIHOxOPtj8"]YouTube - S5 ep11 Nicky and or Alexander Part 1[/ame]

ADS

lil.miss32

Are those actually carseats? Or just carriers? They aren't harnessed in at all, and I can't see behind them to see if there IS a harness... My mom said when I was a baby, the carseats didn't carry (like our infant buckets). You had a carseat, and then a carrier with a handle.

emtb79

They had carseats that were Century carseat carriers and detachable bases. These are the swing/ carriers not meant to be car seats.

jaded

Those are the carriers for the swing(and that swing has at least one recall on it too, IIRC) not for use in the car.

morgano

Maybe what they brought them home in wasn't the swing because in this episode you can see the swings in the background and in a way they look similar.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBRN7ah85Y&feature=related"]YouTube - S5 ep13 Easy Rider Part 1[/ame]

But then in the next episode they have a different car seat so I'm a bit confused by that. But they have cute baby stuff...plus those babies are adorable!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kG10YZg1yE&feature=related"]YouTube - S5 ep14 Sisters in Crime Part 1[/ame]

urchin_grey

OMG I remember that episode and I was probably like 7 when I saw it. :p

But yeah, that's why some people still call infant seats "carriers", because they used to only BE carriers. :) My sister had her first baby in January and I had to explain to her that the "carrier" on her registry was in fact a carseat, not just something to carry the baby in. (And she already had a convertible, so she didn't really need the infant seat too.)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The first link is a carrier. Looks a lot like the once that was used with a swing and also had a bassinet that you could use.

tracee877

Yep it was a Graco 3 in 1 swing. I had it for DS1 back in 1998. The bassinett was useless. DS would just roll back and forth as it swung and get mad lol. I loved the swing though and how it was a carrier and a seat with a tray.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Here are their car seats... at 1:01 1:39 and 2:08
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQCpfYtTo&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪Nicky and Alex Season 5‬‏[/ame]

I couldnt find one with convertible seats for them

bethng

I had that swing/carrier for my dd who was born in 93. LOVED it! Was a great swing and we would take the carrier part off and take it to restaurants and such for her to sit in. She even used it as a high chair to eat in until she actually had a high chair. She had a convertible from birth so it was nice to have something to put her in when we were out to eat. Hey, I was only 22....didnt think to look for anything else on the market....besides..we were very poor lol

PunkyMonkey

Wow!!! I remember my little brother in one of those swings in 1991. And he hated the bassinet part too lol!!! Thanks for the flashback!!! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC