price difference in GN??

kmarcus

on amazon, the nautilus in matrix is $130ish, but at babiesrus.com it's $199. am i missing something??? it doesn't say the more expensive one is an elite.

thank you!

ADS

Baylor

At Walmart it is 156.00 in the store.

Babies R us is always more expensive unless it is on sale.

Target ran a special on them last week and I got one for 126.00.

Also the regular Gn is usually 179? and the Elite is 199.00 or more I think.

skylinphoto

It's just different retailers pricing differences.
Just like if you go to Walmart and a box of Chex cereal is $2.99 and then you go to Target and that same box of cereal is $3.29.
Carseats and larger $$ items and you'll see bigger differences between retailers.

Reactions: Mae

sunnymw

And a lot of the reason they can do this is because of "exclusive" covers... those available only at certain stores. For instance, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new GN cover available at my TRU. So if I wanted a straight-black GN, I'd have to go to TRU and pay the $40+ extra. Period. :)

Reactions: Mae

Mae

Yep. A lot of it is the different retailers, but a lot of the time it's because of the pattern. :)

Evolily

Some of the fabric they use is very superior to the mesh. I don't really care that much- I like cheap, the kids don't complain and I don't think we paid more than $150 for both nautili's (one bought via amazon, one bought on sale at BRU). If I had a bit more disposable income I would consider buying a seat for it's cute cover, if just to get people to ASK me why the almost 6 year old and his 4 year old brother are still in "baby seats"

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
BRU exclusively sells the Elite, I believe, which has lockoffs for seatbelt install, moving headwings, and better 'infant' padding. Here's a blog on it... http://carseatblog.com/6840/graco-nautilus-elite-first-look-review/

And yeah to everyone else, different stores=different prices...sometimes the pricier ones do 'feel' like higher quality, though (or people just say that to make themselves feel better about forking over bigger bucks rather than just buying it at Walmart :whistle:)

kmarcus

that's crazy! i expected some sort of price difference, but not $70!! i guess the matrix is the mesh?? i'll have to try to get my son to like a non-mesh color...he adores matrix for some reason. is it possible to find out the manufacturing date on car seats from amazon before i buy?? thanks for your help.

Mae

is it possible to find out the manufacturing date on car seats from amazon before i buy?? thanks for your help.

Unforunately, not when you buy online. However, if you go in-store and buy, the Nautilus has a little white sticker on the top of the box that lists the Date of Manufacture (DOM), so you could find out if you buy in-store.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC