Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

price difference in GN??

on amazon, the nautilus in matrix is $130ish, but at babiesrus.com it's $199. am i missing something??? it doesn't say the more expensive one is an elite.

thank you!
    Son: 4/7/2007 GN
    Daughter: 2/12/2010 RF in Diplomat

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: price difference in GN??

At Walmart it is 156.00 in the store.

Babies R us is always more expensive unless it is on sale.

Target ran a special on them last week and I got one for 126.00.

Also the regular Gn is usually 179? and the Elite is 199.00 or more I think.

It's just different retailers pricing differences.
    Just like if you go to Walmart and a box of Chex cereal is $2.99 and then you go to Target and that same box of cereal is $3.29.
    Carseats and larger $$ items and you'll see bigger differences between retailers.
    -Jessica. mom to :
    Aislin (4-30-2006)..44lbs and 46.5 in tall. Boostered in a Cybex Solutions x-fix
    Skyla (3-13-2008)..32lbs and 43 in tall. Boostered in a Clek Oobr

5. Thank You from:

Mae

And a lot of the reason they can do this is because of "exclusive" covers... those available only at certain stores. For instance, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new GN cover available at my TRU. So if I wanted a straight-black GN, I'd have to go to TRU and pay the $40+ extra. Period.
    Sunny, a new patrol car, an old raggedy Civic, and:
    J | 10.06 | RSTV2(L)
    M | 07.08 | RSTV2(S)
    K | 07.11 | FN90CT

7. Thank You from:

Mae

Yep. A lot of it is the different retailers, but a lot of the time it's because of the pattern.

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Some of the fabric they use is very superior to the mesh. I don't really care that much- I like cheap, the kids don't complain and I don't think we paid more than $150 for both nautili's (one bought via amazon, one bought on sale at BRU). If I had a bit more disposable income I would consider buying a seat for it's cute cover, if just to get people to ASK me why the almost 6 year old and his 4 year old brother are still in "baby seats"
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

BRU exclusively sells the Elite, I believe, which has lockoffs for seatbelt install, moving headwings, and better 'infant' padding. Here's a blog on it... http://carseatblog.com/6840/graco-na...t-look-review/

And yeah to everyone else, different stores=different prices...sometimes the pricier ones do 'feel' like higher quality, though (or people just say that to make themselves feel better about forking over bigger bucks rather than just buying it at Walmart )
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

11. Thank You from:

that's crazy! i expected some sort of price difference, but not $70!! i guess the matrix is the mesh?? i'll have to try to get my son to like a non-mesh color...he adores matrix for some reason. is it possible to find out the manufacturing date on car seats from amazon before i buy?? thanks for your help.
    Son: 4/7/2007 GN
    Daughter: 2/12/2010 RF in Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by kmarcus View Post
    is it possible to find out the manufacturing date on car seats from amazon before i buy?? thanks for your help.
    Unforunately, not when you buy online. However, if you go in-store and buy, the Nautilus has a little white sticker on the top of the box that lists the Date of Manufacture (DOM), so you could find out if you buy in-store.