Narrowest backless booster?

Lea_Ontario

Need a backless booster for Boo for the car, he's too tall to use his Parkway in the car. Not overall just because that's as high as we can put the back up in the car.

Tonight he used Bug's Turbo as a backless, but that won't work long term.

I am not crazy about the gap at the back of the Turbo in backless mode anyhow. A good inch or more that is open.

We've taken a quick look around, but backless boosters have never really been on my radar before.

Boo is 8y2m 50-lbs and about 51 inches tall.
He is no where near close to passing the 5 step test.

Car is a 1998 Grand Am - the epitome of the anti-carseat car!

Also in the car will be a FF TrueFit (center) and a highback Turbo booster.

ADS

Keeanh

Have you seen the Apramo at Canadian Tire? I think it's about 17" across the armrests and looks pretty low-profile. Looks a lot like the pics I've seen of the Literider.

amyd

Are there any Otos still kicking around anywhere, I wonder? If your CT doesn't move stock quickly, you could check there.

Lea_Ontario

CT had the Apramo, yes. Didn't seem it would be much narrower with the flare of the armrests.

They had Ozzi's,no Oto's.

amyd

Are Ozzis any narrower than the TB? They're the ones with the armrests, right? And the Otos don't?

melissainbc

The wings of the Apramo make it a couple inches wider than the TB. It fits differently beside another seat than the TB, though. I can put it beside a ffing Radian in my car but the TB will not fit by like 2 cms.

What about the Cosco boosters at Walmart? We have one for my MIL's car and it seems pretty narrow.

MomToEliEm

Have you tried the Evenflo Big Kid backless (I think that is available in Canada)? When I was trying to do a 3-across a couple months ago, I didn't like the gap I got in the back with my turbo. It was also too wide to access the buckle easily. The big kid fit really well though. I also liked that the armrests lifed up so that it was easier to buckle. I don't like the big kid as a high back or for younger kids, but it might fit your older child well as a backless.

bbartlettnfld

I know our CT has the OTO the one with no arm rests right? (I'm in St. John's). Ask them if they can get one from another store? Not sure if that helps any but just letting you know that there are still OTO's out there.

BethAnn

amyd

I know our CT has the OTO the one with no arm rests right? (I'm in St. John's). Ask them if they can get one from another store? Not sure if that helps any but just letting you know that there are still OTO's out there.

BethAnn

I'm pretty sure ours (Moncton, NB) still has some too. I know I've seen them somewhere recently.

April

I thought the Oto would be perfect for my tight three across as well. So after selling both of mine, I bought another. Turns out that it sucks for my three across because of where my uas anchors sit. It actually makes less room in the centre seat because the anchors put it closer to the middle. I tried just shoving the rigid connectors into the seat bight, but there was some hard part of the vehicle seat in the corner closest to the door so it didn't work. I ended up having to use a wider booster and get DD to scoot it towards the door, buckle, then scoot it back towards the middle. IIRC the turbo was the next narrowest backless available in Canada. The booster we're using is wider than the turbo, but it works better because there is a bigger space under the armrest so it makes it easier to scoot it over and buckle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC