best carseat video ive seen!

love-pink

not sure if this video has been passed around here yet, but this is the best one ive seen! it might just be my opinion but i think it has alot of useful information for people that might not realize the importance of carseat safety. :twocents: if i was starting all over and didnt know what i know i think this video would really make me want to look into car safety!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEXdCvz-nMs&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - Child safety seats - crash test[/ame]

ADS

Mom-of-Two

As much as I have been researching car seats now I just want someone to figure out, what is THE best one? LOL! You see these crash test videos and the guy talks about how they are not all the same (I realize this was a European test) and some did not perform well, some dummies came OUT of the harness, etc! But I just want to know what that magic seat IS...the one that has the BEST crash test results, best SIP, and safest outcomes in a real crash. I want to see a list at the bottom of the video that says, these are the seats we used that performed perfectly in the conditions and worst case scenario. That peace of mind when buckling in my kids, would be priceless.

I would pay any amount for someone to tell me which one. ;)

Does anyone ever feel that way, like it's a bad thing to be so obsessed with car seat safety? Even though I have seats that are supposed to be "good" I am always looking for a better one with better features, and wondering if mine have enough of whatever- SIP for example- I do not think my Regent and MA have enough at all, so it makes me want to ditch them and get new ones. :) If only that was do-able every time I felt like it!

Shanora

The best and safest car seat, is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle and is used correctly 100% of the time.

HayleyCPST

Just what Shanora said. There's a list of measurements that NHTSA (?) puts out every year for every car seat tested that fiscal year. It has different forces exerted on the child as well as g's.

So, looking at that list you can see which ones performed better in certain categories, but they have ALL meet the US standards for crash testing which doesn't make one better than the other. Some might have a higher head excursion than another who has a higher chest g's.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC