Saw a Nania today

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Aren't they expired? I've never seen one IRL, and this was in our local WM parking lot. It was weird!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A Nania what?

They're still making the BabyRide for program distribution and I believe a few boosters as well, under the Nania name, I believe.

emtb79

What does one look like? The only one Ive seen is the one after it went flying out of Judi's house from the second story on recyling day.

NannyMom

A Nania what?

They're still making the BabyRide for program distribution and I believe a few boosters as well, under the Nania name, I believe.
I think they are under the name Team Tex. I have a BabyRide and a booster. But, still look just like the Nania as far as I know.

What does one look like? The only one Ive seen is the one after it went flying out of Judi's house from the second story on recyling day.

:ROTFLMAO:If you came to meet me, I could show you. I have a backless booster that's similarly sized to the Harmony Literider, and a BabyRide infant carrier- it's baseless and has latch.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The one I saw at KIM said "Team Tex/Nania BabyRide" and was on a table of a distributor of program seats. So I think they might still be using the Nania name on some of them? Or at least were recently?

Defrost

A Nania what?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. The vehicle had tinted windows and a sun shade. It was parked right next to me or I'd never have noticed it at all, and I only saw as much as I did because I was SO curious about a carseat I didn't recognize!

It had headwings, was installed FF, was black with red in the seating area, and said "Nania" on the cover in the same place Britax has it's label. I tried googling "nania" to see if they're still being made, but couldn't really determine much - it looks like they might still be available outside the U.S.? Which is possibly where this one came from; I do live near a military base. Their license plates were Alaskan, but that doesn't mean anything; most people keep their Alaska plates.

Hm... I did some googling, and it looked like this, only with harness comfort pads like this one (only in red, of course.) Might have been similar to this one, too. I was only able to see the top half of the seat, and it was installed very reclined.

lil.miss32

By googling it, my friend has that one. It was given to her by the Army Hospital to bring her preemie home in. (the infant one, not the FF one)

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
I know they sold a convertible seat as late as spring 2003 at KMart that I *thought* had an 8-year expiration.

sunnymw

Not to derail but I saw this on the main page preview and I read it as "Saw a Ninja today" and all I could thing was... WTF does that have to do with car seats? :ROTFLMAO:

Defrost

Not to derail but I saw this on the main page preview and I read it as "Saw a Ninja today" and all I could thing was... WTF does that have to do with car seats? :ROTFLMAO:

LOL - no, *I* was the ninja! Sneaking peeks into other people's cars... ;)

I should have just left my card on their windshield. "Hi, I'm a carseat tech and I've never played with a Nania before! Please call me!" :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC