• 6-10 (moderately obsessed)

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • 11-15 (seriously obsessed)

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • 16+ seats (off the scale)

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters

smurf

OK, I was counting today how many seats I had bought over the past 3 1/2 years (DD's age)... 8! For 3 kids in 2 cars. 10 seats!

Graco Snugride
2 Alpha Omegas (before I found this site, now sold)
Cosco Summit (see above comment)
Graco Ultra CarGo
Evenflo Chase
2 Radians
2 Cosco Regal Rides (to be used in about 1 month)

Now at least I have the excuse of having to change my wide seats (AO, Summit) because of a 3-across situation. But still, that's 3 seats per child, and they're nowhere near booster age. I'm appalled.

So, how truly obsessed are you? How many seats have you bought? (yes, you can count seats you've bought and returned, seats that you received new, but not hand-me-downs). Of course those with more kids (and more cars) will *score* higher, as well as those with booster-age kids.

ADS

InTheWoods

7 seats.
2 we no longer have.
5 remaining.
2 kids.

And maybe about to get one more. DH wants to go look at the Jané Indy Plus for DS.

Kristin

Simplysomething

Why can't you count hand me downs? I mean, if I had a seat that was from someone who was as....um...safety concious as me..lol

For my oldest, who will be seven in July..
Infant seats were a
1. cosco arriva (i think) and (which sucked)
2. graco, which may or may not have been a snugride. (he used for 4 or 5 months)
3. his convertible seat was a century room to grow over head shield (which he was in until he was three, and had outgrown by height, but I apparently didn't know it, looking at the pictures, and then he went into the a
4. graco treasured cargo (outgrew the harness by weight at age 4, we used as a booster until last spring, just before he turned six, and finally the
5. turbo booster.

My 2 year old
1. cosco designer 22 infant seat (he used for 10 months)
2. scenera (he's used for 14 months)
3. fisher price safe voyage deluxe (which I just got, and am still debating, and he's used it for about 4 days)

So really, not that many seats, compared to some of you, I'm sure.

The only seats I have in my possesion are the Turbo and the 2 year olds two convertibles. (Not counting the TB and Scenera my mother has). So that's only 3 seats for 2 kids. If you count the set in my mothers car, that's 5 seats for 2 kids. lol But they don't count!

(there have been other seats in grandparents cars. like the handy dandy t-shield)

Before I vote in the poll, is that total or per child ? lol

Last edited:

TxMomma

3 infant seats
5 convertible seats
2 boosters

I have 3 kids though, so really it's not that bad. I'm about to buy 2 more convertibles and a Regent LOL. If DH doesn't kill me first!

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Let's see...

Century Smart Fit
Century STE
Century Breverra x3
Evenflo Scout
Evenflo Medallion
Britax Cruiser
Cosco EB HBB
Britax RA
Fisher Price Safe Embrace
Fisher Price Stay In View
Fisher Price Futura
Evenflo RF x4
Graco TB x3
Britax laptop
Britax Parkway
SK Radian

I *think* that's it :confused: I know there were at least two that were hand-me-downs that weren't safe and there was the Evenflo CC from SIL that I used baseless for Ilana after she outgrew her SIV (was great for 3 across :thumbsup: )

MySillyKids

my DS is 3.

We've had:

Graco Snugride
Eddie Bauer 3-in-1
Graco Safeseat 2
Graco turbo booster
some over head shield cosco thing
Regent.

this is where they are:

Regent -van
SS2- Van
Eddie bauer- Pa's Truck (grandpa)
turbo booster (going to get a scerena) - grandma's car

The Eddie bauer is going to be replaced with a apex 65 (or biltmore) whatever they wanna call it today

I wish regent's were cheaper, i'd get THEM all around!!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I honestly couldn't count all the ones I've purchased over the years...remember, my oldest is 16...so it's been a loooong time. But just for my daycare kids...this is what I've bought/sold so far.

Cosco Scenera x 2 (no longer have)
Evenflo Tribute x 2 (no longer have)
Evenflo Portabout (no longer have)
Peg Perego Infant (no longer have)
Graco Turbobooster HBB x 2 (only have one)
Graco Turbobooster LBB
Britax Boulevard x 2 (no longer have)
Britax Decathlon x 2
Britax Marathon
Britax Roundabout
Graco SS1
Graco CarGo

I think that's it. Wanna know that sad part? I want/need two more seats! LOL But that's 17 seats bought in the last 2yrs...with currently having 8.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Just for fun, these are the ones I can remember.

DD - now 16
Kolcraft Rock N Ride (?) (used)
Evenflo Joy Ride (new)
Cosco Infant seat (?) (new)
Evenflo Ultara OHS (new)
Century harnessed booster (new)
Evenflo Shield Booster (x 2, but different models)

DS - now 10
Century Infant (used)
Evenflo Joy Ride (used, from family)
Evenflo Ultara OHS (new)
Gerry Convertible OHS (new)
Century ST1000? t-shield (new)
Century ST1500 OHS (used)
Gerry Double Guard (shield booster, new)
Fisher Price Futura OHS (new)
Cosco Summit (new)
Evenflo HBB (new)

I'm sure there were others...but that's all I can remember at the moment! LOL But that is 17 for 2 kids...yes, my obsession began a loooooooong time ago and shows no evidence of slowing down! LOL

momof2kiddos

I have bought 5 and my oldest is 22 months:jaw: That seems like a lot when I say it that way,lol...

My oldest~
graco snugride
OHS scenara :( (didn't know they were bad at this time)
Evenflo generations booster seat(before I found this site)
Sunshine kids radian(when I found this site)

Youngest~
Decathlon

OH OH & I can't wait to get our new car at the end of this year so i can buy more seats for that car:love:

I am getting a cowmoo marathon and a regent:D :thumbsup:

threerugratz

I've had 42 seats total for 3 kids over 12 years.
Here's my list by category:

~~~~Infant Seats: 3~~~~
Fisher Price infant seat
Gerry Infant Seat
Evenflo On My Way
~~~~Convertibles: 5~~
Evenflo Ultara
Gerry One Click
Gerry One Click
Early Development Guardian Folder
Fisher Price Safe Embrace
~~~~5 pt and combo seats: 9~~~~
Century Breverra
Century Breverra
Century Breverra Contour
Gerry 2-in-1
Gerry 2-in-1
Evenflo Apollo
Britax Super Elite
Britax Husky
Recaro Young Sport
~~~~Others: 5~~
Britax Laptop
86Y harness
Ride Safer travel vest
Cosco Grand Explorer
Gerry shield booster
~~~~Backless boosters: 7~~
Graco backless Turbo
Nania/Safety Baby Polo
Nania/Safety Baby Polo
Nania Ola
Evenflo Right Fit
Evenflo Right Fit
Nania/Safety Baby Topo
~~~~Boosters w/ backs: 13~~
SR/C
Graco highback Turbo (red)
Graco highback Turbo (flower)
Evenflo Big Kid
Britax Bodyguard (Paisley)
Britax Bodyguard (Denim)
Britax Parkway 1(BRU pattern)
Britax Parkway (Cougar)
Britax Parkway 2(BRU -replacement)
Recaro Young Style
Recaro Young Style
Recaro Start
Britax Monarch

We currently have a Parkway, Recaro Start, Britax Monarch, Britax SR/C, Ride Safer vest, 86Y harness, Evenflo Right Fit, a Polo and a Topo.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I've had 42 seats total for 3 kids over 12 years.
Here's my list by category:

I'm not the winner! :p But I did forget I had a Parkway too!!!!! LOL, that brings me up to 35 that I can remember. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Century Next Step. I remembered that one after I went to bed! LOL, so now up to 36.

Last edited:

Ali

We have owned 5.

Graco Snugride - since been given to a dear friend

Evenflo Titan - purchased because we couldn't get Snugride into our 2 door Saturn on suggestion of tech due to low bottow slots - it now is installed in my car for back up seat for friend's DD

Britax MA - purchased when DD outgrew Snugride at 6 mos

Graco Cargo (can't remember which one) - returned to store because we couldn't get installed correctly in 2 door Saturn and I learned that RF is safer

2nd Britax MA - purchased for 2 door Saturn (now in Corolla)

Thank you to everyone here who has made me so safety conscious and willing to share info to keep DD safe!

bbartlettnfld

I have had 5.. DD is 4 (turned on Saturday!)

Infant seat-
Cosco Designer 35 (borrowed from trusted friend used 3 mos)

Convertables-
Evenflo Victory 5 (OMG terrible, Donated to Carseat group as a DEMO)
Cosco AOE (I actually like it and DD still fits the harness)
Britax MA ( DD has probably has 2 yrs before she outgrows this)
Maxi Cosi Proiri (DD still fits but I don't use it much)

I still have the AOE, Britax and Maxi Cosi.
BethAnn

scatterbunny

If I don't count secondhand seats (from trusted sources only, of course), I think I've had 8 seats. If I count all the seats we've had and used, I've had 11 seats. With more on the way (probably 2-3 more; a narrow harnessed seat for the middle of my van's third row and a narrower booster than the Compass B510). :) All for one child.

easterbun

1. Century infant seat for DS (no idea what model, was part of a travel system I quickly hated - we only used the seat for 4 months)
2. Alpha Omega Elite for DS (used this until DS figured out how to unbuckle it - even with the buckle reversed)
3. some kind of cosco combination seat for DS (not sure what model - it was tan and green, but this went into my mom's car when DS was around 2 1/2 so she could pick him up from daycare after work on nights I was in school late - eventually it ended up with the IL's and was involved in an accident, so it was destroyed)
4. Another combination seat to replace the AOE in my car, though I can't remember what make or model - we only used it a few months before DS outgrew it, but it had a buckle that DS couldn't undo as easily as the AOE. It may have been another cosco seat, but I honestly can't say. I think we still have it out in the barn somewhere, but it's probably buried under other stuff... it may have been given away though, I honestly don't know.
5. Turbo booster (with back) in my car for DS (he was just shy of 4 when we started using it - it was *right* before I got pregnant with DD)
6. Turbo booster (backless) in DH car (was rarely used until DS started school at nearly 6)
7. Graco snugride for DD
7.5. extra snugride base for DH's car (wish we hadn't bothered - I think we used it all of about 5 times!)
8. Britax Boulevard for DD
9. Evenflo Titan for DD (for DH car)
10. Britax Boulevard for DD (to replace the Titan in DH car - the Titan went to my mom, and was later replaced with another Boulevard, but I didn't buy that one, so I'm not counting it)
11. Radian65
12. Radian80

11 and 12 were purchased in preparation for #3's arrival, though likely won't end up being used quite how I had intended, as DS is currently using one of them :) #3 will most likely end up in DD's Boulevard, and I'll move DD into one of the Radians. I didn't think the Boulevard would still fit in my car at all, but it does with the radians, so that changes things a little.

Mumoflittleguys

For 2.9 kids, we've purchased 6 seats, and used a 7th given to us by a trusted friend.

1) Graco SnugRide-used for the two older boys, then gotten rid of because it would be "years" before we had another baby.:rolleyes:

2) Britax Marathon-used for Big until Small outgrew the SnugRide

3) Evenflo Titan-given by the trusted friend, who got rid of it when she got Marathons for her kids, and used by ours for a spare.

4) Cosco Scenera-gotten for Big when Small outgrew the SnugRide and until we could get the Regent--now Small's spare in Daddy's car.

5) Britax Regent-Big moved into it at 2 years old and 38lbs. His torso was too long for the Scenera and the Titan.

6) Sunshine Kids Radian-Big's spare seat in Daddy's car.

7) Chicco Keyfit for the newbie.

broken4u05

I have bought 7 and i have no kids. What will happen when i have kids? lol
Sungride- friend has it
radain
Marathon
BV
Cosco Scenera-friend now has it
cosco booster- friend has it
graco turbo booster

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC