WWYD?

amy&girls

So here I never thought I'd end up in this situation, but I am. I have 4 kids, ages 7 (evenflo big kid booster), age 5 (graco turbo-booster), age 3 (graco nautilus) and 22 months (rear-facing EFTA). I have a kia sedona that has a major issue (my dad looked at it, has a crack in the throttle body and I'm not to drive it, except to the dealer to have it fixed, since its under warranty for another 14000(ish) miles.

So my problem is taking my kids/picking them up from school. I am the only one who can do this. I'm thinking my parents will let me borrow my moms car (1998 Taurus). One of my kids has to go in the front seat. :thumbsdown: I do not like this idea at all, but I have no choice. So the youngest is out of the question there, b/c of rear-facing. My question is will it be my oldest in her booster with the seat pushed all the way back, or my 3yr old in her Nautilus? I'm hoping this will be a drop off tomorrow, pick up Wednesday fix. So at most 4 trips less than 7 miles from my house. If they could ride the bus, it would be so much easier, but my youngest in school can't ride the bus b/c they don't have one, and my 5yr old can't b/c she isn't in kindy and district won't let her.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
3yo in the Nauti, but if you have an extra harnessed seat then 5yo in Nauti in front and 3yo in extra seat in back.

andre149

The oldest harnessed child goes in the front, so in your case the 3yo unless you have a harnessed seat for the 5yo and 3yo :)

nevaehsmommy

We have to do this on Sundays for church. It is not ideal but it works.

One tip: the rear facing child works best behind the driver. It took me several weeks to figure this out. Major blond moments

amy&girls

The only seat I have that harnesses past 40lbs is the Nautilus, and both my 5yr and 3yr olds are heavier than that. I do have an apex65 I could use, but its never fit in a 3 across in any car I've had to try it in. :thumbsdown: I thought I was getting a great deal with that seat, and I've hated it since the day I purchased it. :( So I guess my 3yr old in the nauti then, in the front, which makes me sooooooooooo very nervous. and my booster kids next to each other with my rear-facer behind me?

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
and my booster kids next to each other with my rear-facer behind me?

As longs as there is a lap and shoulder belt in the center... Or you would need to put the RF seat in the center, and the boosters outboard.

Also remember that the booster kids need a headrest or HBB (I assume they are in HBB) but your post didn't specifcally say... ;)

amy&girls

As longs as there is a lap and shoulder belt in the center... Or you would need to put the RF seat in the center, and the boosters outboard.

Also remember that the booster kids need a headrest or HBB (I assume they are in HBB) but your post didn't specifcally say... ;)

yep, they are both in a HBB. I'll check with my dad, but I'm pretty sure I remember there being 3 shoulder/lap belts back there. It won't be a big deal as long as I can get my EFTA in there somewhere. :thumbsup:

babyherder

Apex could fit in the front. But if you can't get a 3 across with a Nautilus you'd have to do the two boosters in the back.

myliljunebugs

I would try the oldest boostered in the back with the 3 yr old and RF'er. Then in the front put the Apex. Those Taurus' have a huge backseat, I bet you can squeeze them in. It won't be fun, but it's possible that it is doable. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC