I am impressed with my friend

msg221

The mother of my godchilden mentioned to me yesterday that she was speaking to a friend of a friend about why Nour & Zain are rear facing in her vehicle even though they are 29 months old. The woman replied "Oh, I'm not worried about that stuff! I was fine without a car seat!" This woman's 18 month old is FF and she admitted she FF her long ago. I was happy to hear how my friend is now passing along all of the info I gave her on ERF (and was even more thrilled a couple of months ago when she asked me to turn their seats back RF!)

This morning she e-mailed me this (sad) news story and commented how that driver (didn't say if she was the parent of either or both kids) should be held criminally responsible. Could she be turning into a car safety advocate now too? :D

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...SUV-in-Surprise-rollover-wreck-106384618.html

ADS

urchin_grey

That's really awesome. Both of my sisters have turned to the dark side since having a child as well. :p Oh, and also my sister's friend. Her carseat was like ALL wrong when I first met her and I showed her how to use it properly. Now she has a My Ride for her son. Woo!

That news story kind of bothered me though. Just the way they said "neither child was wearing a seatbelt" implies that an 18mo should be in a seatbelt in the first place. :eek: In fact, I'd imagine that its likely he's have been ejected anyway even if he was wearing a seatbelt.

Bram is about the size of your average 2 year old and I can't even begin to imagine him wearing a seatbelt. Actually, I have buckled him into one before in an attempt to keep him in one spot while I installed his seat, and I don't imagine it would hold him in the vehicle in a crash, especially a rollover.

momma2kda

Bram is about the size of your average 2 year old and I can't even begin to imagine him wearing a seatbelt. Actually, I have buckled him into one before in an attempt to keep him in one spot while I installed his seat, and I don't imagine it would hold him in the vehicle in a crash, especially a rollover.

I have tried that with KD too and the seat belt does not even hold him in!!! He slips right out I can't even imagine no seat belt!!!:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC