Would you get a Snugride 35...

wvmommy007

for a 17ish lb. 27.5 in. 10 month old? Her current spare is an Avenue, which I find hard to install on leather to my satisfaction. I know it makes no sense to sell a convertible to fund a bucket. But I love the pattern Lily, for my Lily. And I could sell my Avenue and make some money, since it was a Kmart clearance seat. So tell me I'm crazy. Or suggest other seats instead. Opinions please!

What, if any, seat installs easily on stiff, unsquishable leather seats? 06 Nissan Murano

Last edited:
ADS

nevaehsmommy

I would not get a bucket for the baby. You will eventually have to get a convertible any way. Maybe you could try a different seat other then the avenue and have an easier time installing.

On the other hand it is about to get cold and buckets are nice for carting in and out of the house

cookie123

I would get the bucket if money wasn't an issue. Winter is coming and it's so much nicer to put the baby in the seat in the car. Can you keep the Avenue for a back up or for use in another car? If you got it at the price I did, it isn't worth selling if you can use it for some other vehicle.

judesmommy

I would totally get a bucket for my 10 month old! I wish I had, I got a EFTA for my son when he was 7 months after we crashed our Keyfit 30. At 18 months my son could still ride in a Graco Safe Seat. So it would have been worth it in many ways.

Anyways, as long as you realize you will eventually have to fund a convertible then I would do it. Depends on your finances!

wvmommy007

Is the Snugride 35 tall enough to be usable to its weight limit for most kids? I liked having a bucket for her, but she outgrew her Designer 22 by height a couple months ago. She just moved to the third slot on her Radian. If it wouldn't last her very long, I'll get over my love of its cuteness.

Kobain's Mommy

We have a MR for our primary seat, but I'm honestly thinking when it gets cold to go back to his SS1 for the winter. I won't sell the MR since he'll be using it when he outgrows the SS. My LO is 6 months and last time at the Dr was just shy of 22lbs and 29" long.

DahliaRW

Is the Snugride 35 tall enough to be usable to its weight limit for most kids? I liked having a bucket for her, but she outgrew her Designer 22 by height a couple months ago. She just moved to the third slot on her Radian. If it wouldn't last her very long, I'll get over my love of its cuteness.

No, not even close. My 3yo is 36lbs and would have outgrown the SS1 (same shell as the SR35) before a year. Dd is 22lbs an just barely fits in it by height.

emtb79

My 2.3yr old has outgrown by just an inch at 27.4 lbs. He is all legs. Granted if they could make to the full 35 lbs it would be practically impossible to carry with the kids. Like everyone else is saying its wonderful for cold weather.

msg221

Personally, I would not get a bucket seat for a 10 month old. Yes, some kids, like my goddaughter, may be able to fit in the higher weight limit bucket seats well past a year old. My goddaughter would have just outgrown it a few months ago and she is 29 months old! She's not even close to the weight limit but is an inch over the height limit now.

However, she just looks so much more comfortable in a convertible so I can't imagine her still in a bucket seat! Also, while some people mentioned being able to carry it to and from the house and car which I agree is convenient, it just wasn't physically possible when they started to get heavier, at least for me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC