Help me decide what to do next

swtgi1982

Ok DD has about and inch and a half left in her CA FF. At almost five and just gone through a growth spurt do you think it would get us to booster age? I have pondered a frontier but cost wise is it just better to just use the CA til booster age? At think we could make it one more year with it until she is six or almost there. She did not grow torso wise in almost two years and just grew a couple of inches so we should be fine I think with her slow growth patterns. What do you feel?

ADS

NannyMom

Do you think she needs an extra year for maturity? I saw you comment in another thread that she just turned from RF to FF, so didn't want to booster her. But, RF to booster sounds good to me. But, I also don't know your child ;) Weren't you going to pass the Complete Air down? Can the other child wait longer for the seat?

Keeanh

Does your littlest one need to move into the CA soon? If not, I'd say just wait and see. If Kristopher does need to move out of his bucket, another idea might be to buy a cheap convertible for him. If Abigail does last to booster age in the CA, the money you'll have saved will more than cover the cheaper seat. If she ends up needing the Frontier a year from now, you'll still have "bought" an extra year with the Frontier, which Kristopher might need.

swtgi1982

Do you think she needs an extra year for maturity? I saw you comment in another thread that she just turned from RF to FF, so didn't want to booster her. But, RF to booster sounds good to me. But, I also don't know your child ;) Weren't you going to pass the Complete Air down? Can the other child wait longer for the seat?

She is ok in a booster for short trips but beyond that we have tried it with her. She is just plain to wiggly yet. She wants to play with baby in the car and thus leans. She is fine in DH car in a booster as she does not usually have siblings in there with her. Part of the issue is my second child who is three has behavior issues and he gets her going when they are together in the car.

swtgi1982

I think we will wait and see since we may need the frontier for both boys. And saving time on life will be good. The middle child is waiting testing for possible autism. With his behavior issues he will need a harness for a while so I would rather save time on the life of the frontier

swtgi1982

I have the option right now of getting another CA cheap on clearance and we were debating getting that or the frontier is what it was

And DD still fits RF in her CA and asks to a lot she rarely rides FF but she does hence why siggy still says RF as that what she does primarily she told me last night she wanted to be RF again so I turned it again

And by cheap I mean around 100. Clearance pattern at BRU. I think they had two displays and are getting rid of the one cheap and the manager told me I could still use the coupon too

firemomof3

What *I* would do is probably get a Nautilus to keep her harnessed for a while longer. Plus, it makes a good booster once the harness is outgrown :twocents:

Keeanh

Considering the expiration date on your current CAs, will either of them last Kristopher to booster age? If not, then I'd say grab the $100 CA. If they will, then you might as well get a Frontier if you're going to get one at some point anyways. With a 9-yr-expiration, it would last Logan to 12 yrs old.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
An inch and a half is more than a year's worth of use, so yes I would say the CA would get her to at least 6, which is generally a safe booster age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC