easter

broken4u05

If you eat a fancy meal for easter what did you or will you have?
I had chicken, yellow squash, mac and chesse(more fancy than the box kind), Green beens and some other stuff. Just wondering what other families do.

ADS

lovinwaves

Well, we kind of threw together our dinner after church LOL!

We had "The Honeybaked Ham Store" Ham, with cornbread stuffing, croissant rolls, sweet corn, cherry glaze, and mashed potatoes w/white gravy.

broken4u05

O i know. it costs soo much. I have only bought it once. My family sometimes does for like christmas or easter

momof2kiddos

We are eating Sloppy Joes:p :ROTFLMAO:

We are military and all of our family is 1600 miles away so it's just us today:whistle:

MySillyKids

We did easter dinner on friday night, because my Gram was here, and had to go home sat morning. Tonight's spaghetti, per my kids' request lol.

We had Honey ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, and some rolls. mmmmm I want some more!

Stresch

We had a big potluck brunch at church. It's a campus ministry, and many of the students can't go home for a 2 day weekend, so it was pretty well attended. We had broccoli hotdish, salad, spicy cabbage, sweet potatoes, cheese, pasta with peas and onions, bread, and tons of desserts.

We were going to have another dinner with friends, but his grandmother died yesterday, so they went out of town. So we had leftover spicy cabbage and an Indian tomato and potato dish for dinner with hardboiled eggs on the side.

southpawboston

we all had dinner at grandma's... she and her four children's families. so 9 adults and 7 kids, ranging in age from 9 mos (my DD2) to 11 years (my oldest neice).

we had lamb shank, with rice pilaf and a yogurt garlic sauce (grandma is middle-eastern). the kids had their own table and had mac-n-cheese.

the kids did their own decorations on fresh baked cookies for dessert. the decorations (icing, sprinkles, gummy bears, etc) were chock full of artificial colors, sweeteners, and god knows what else, but it's one of those once in a year type events, so what the heck...

broken4u05

We meet with my grandparents at every big holiday Mother's day is next. And we always have a big meal.. We used to have a kid's table but there is only 3 grandchildren me being one of them and the youngest one is 15 now even though she still thinks she does not have to do anything and is just a child. And my sister cant come home from school for easter so it is just me and her so we all sit together. I can't wait till me and my sister have kids so we can have kids again. We are too old for easter egg hunts and all so i can do it again when i have kids lol

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Well, since I've been sick, I didn't get it together for Easter. So we went to Hard Times Cafe (chili place) for lunch and then had Easter dinner at my inlaws. We normally do Easter dinner in the middle of the day after church, but DH's cousin and her husband are in town and no one has seen them for years. So we arranged our schedule around theirs and had Easter "supper", I guess. (And, this is blasphemy, but we skipped church today... :whistle: ). For our Easter "supper", we had lamb (which I don't eat), ham (b/c I don't eat lamb), asparagus w/hollandaise, potatoes, salad, and several desserts. My MIL and I aren't the best of frieinds but, man, can she cook!

InTheWoods

Leftovers at home: hot dogs, pasta w/ red sauce, steamed rice, salad. After all the candy from the egg hunt in the yard today, my stomach wasn't feeling too well, so I ate little.

We usually go to my SIL's, where DH's family all gets together, with potluck dinner and egg hunts for the kids. But everyone was so busy and stressed this year and it's a long day driving there and back, so we all just elected to stay home and have a quiet day. Everyone needed it. But I missed getting together just the same.

Kristin

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Ham, mashed potatoes, cream corn, coleslaw and green salad (it is dessert like) with black forest cake for dessert. We went to my in-laws after church and spent time with DH's family as mine lives 24-26hrs driving away :(

broken4u05

So next year i am going to take a road trip to all of your houses because everything just sounds soo good. JK But the food does sounds good

bbartlettnfld

This year we skipped it..again! We're in the Middle East miles and miles away from any family so there is really nothing to celebrate, we're not religious so don't attend church and since the work week here is Sunday to Thursday DH was working ( I have Easter holidays from School). Plus DD's 4th Birthday was on Saturday and I was still exausted from that!

So I made a HUGE Taco bake and Dh and I watched "Wild Hogs" very funny and I reccomend it!

At home my mother had a huge Easter Brunch.. Go figure.. I wish I had been there!

BethAnn

skaterbabs

we had lamb shank, with rice pilaf and a yogurt garlic sauce (grandma is middle-eastern).

YUM!

We ate at my sister's house, and I filled up on sweet potatoe souffle &crescent rolls. lol She had green beans, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, ham and lot of junk food.

cpsaddict

Well, I went to two dinners, at my mom's side and dad's side. This was the first time most of the family was meeting my bf so it was interesting.

Dinner #1-Ham, scalloped potatoes, 7 layer salad, green bean casserole and tons of dessert, including homemade strawberry shortcake. Had to take a nap after this one.

Dinner #2-6 hours later-Honey Ham, Twice baked potatoes, vegetable succotash and a big salad, with chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Needless to say, getting up this am was not pleasant. :rolleyes:

broken4u05

Well, I went to two dinners, at my mom's side and dad's side. This was the first time most of the family was meeting my bf so it was interesting.

Dinner #1-Ham, scalloped potatoes, 7 layer salad, green bean casserole and tons of dessert, including homemade strawberry shortcake. Had to take a nap after this one.

Dinner #2-6 hours later-Honey Ham, Twice baked potatoes, vegetable succotash and a big salad, with chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Needless to say, getting up this am was not pleasant. :rolleyes:
I had 2 last year one with my grandparents one with my bf's parents. But i just broke up with him and so i only went to my grandparents this year. I do not know if i could of ate that much again

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC