Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Price check

Price check

If you were selling a less then six month old symphony 65 what would you take as your lowest price offer? I have it listed on here at 100, but also on CL and have been getting offers but not sure how low I am willing to go for an almost new 199.99 dollar car seat.

What would you do?
    10.5yr old Topside Booster, 9yr old Topside, 6yr old Topside, 4yr old RXT RF, 2yr old RXT RF

Combi Coccorro waiting

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Price check

I would go NO lower than $100 and probably not even that low.
    Bailey~16 years old in a seatbelt...driving herself
    Jackson~14 years old in a seatbelt
    Eli Cooper~6.5 years, 48 lbs and 48 inches in a Britax SG, Graco Turbo booster & Harmony backless as backup!

On my CL, it doesn't matter if it is 6 months or 2 years old - if it is used, it is used. It is unusual to get any more than half the retail price of the item once it is used. The exception would be hard to find items, maybe like cloth diapers or special carriers.
    Chardon, Ohio - One Heartbeat - 2/27/12

Dom is June 23, 2010 but yea I got an offer for 75 and I dunno how I feel about that.
    10.5yr old Topside Booster, 9yr old Topside, 6yr old Topside, 4yr old RXT RF, 2yr old RXT RF

Combi Coccorro waiting

How much do you have it listed for on CL? Personally I usually put my price on there higher than I really want. That way they can offer less and still be where I want the price. I have had on occasion where they paid the asking price. So if I wanted $100 for the seat I'd out $150-125. If they offer anything over $100 I'll take it.

I think $100 is very fair and if I had it extra to spend on a seat i'd be really interested in it. I'd wait, have you tried ebay?
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Senior Community Member

It would be according to how bad I needed the money or how quickly I wanted to move the item along really...

Quote Originally Posted by arly1983 View Post
    It would be according to how bad I needed the money or how quickly I wanted to move the item along really...
    Well with winter coming I would like it gone so as it does not get moldy in the garage like two others did last year and become a total lose

Combi Coccorro waiting

Senior Community Member

Then I might counter offer at $80 and if they would come up take it.