Help me Choose safety1st vs. evenflo

mamakc

I need a non-radian that RF to at least 40lbs and a tall shell and has an infinite harness/easy to convert to FF for some likely scenarios I've come up with.

I think I've narrowed it down to the Complete air65 and the triumph65. I have not had the opportunity to really extensively "play" with either seat. My mom has an ETA that I picked out for her car so I'm familiar with it and I have an Avenue so if the CA is similar that is good I guess...

My questions:

Which one will last longer?

What is the difference between the LX and non LX version of the Complete Air? Is it just the recline base? And is the base worth it? Would it eliminate the possibility of needing a noodle? (I sometimes install in random friends' cars so it would really help if I dont have to worry about carrying a noodle around w/ me lol)

How much wider is the Triumph 65 than the complete air?

Does the Triumph still have issues with the red tabs irritating kids necks?

Why doesn't the TrueFit have a 40lb RF limit? :mad:

Am I leaving out another option? That's NOT a radian? :whistle:

Which one would YOU want?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My questions:

Which one will last longer?

Yes. LOL The CA65 has a taller shell, but the same top slots and the same weight limits.

What is the difference between the LX and non LX version of the Complete Air? Is it just the recline base? And is the base worth it? Would it eliminate the possibility of needing a noodle? (I sometimes install in random friends' cars so it would really help if I dont have to worry about carrying a noodle around w/ me lol)

That's it, I think. The base does eliminate the need for noodles most of the time.

How much wider is the Triumph 65 than the complete air?

They're within a couple of inches of the same height, but the Triumph is probably closer to being a complete round bubble than the CA65 is. The CA65 is a rectangle, the Triumph 65 is a sphere. LOL (not really, but close)

Does the Triumph still have issues with the red tabs irritating kids necks?

Depends on the kid, but I think lesser so now. They reduced the size of the tabs.

Why doesn't the TrueFit have a 40lb RF limit? :mad:

Retroactively 40 pounds. Dunno.

Am I leaving out another option? That's NOT a radian? :whistle:

Britaxes, but they're nowhere near as tall.

Which one would YOU want?

CA65.

Wendy

Spam

Wendy always gives such thorough great answers, so there's not much to add :) I'd go with the CA. My two year old has already outgrown the efta rfing (by both weight and height on a 35lb model). I don't think they increased the shell height on the efta65. The TF would be the perfect erfing seat in my mind if they had a higher rfing limit. Austin outgrew before two by weight, but had plenty of height room.

firemomof3

I had a CA (not the 65) but I sold it for a Triumph65 and I just love :love: the Triumph 65 soooo much more. The 65 was painful for me to install (literally) vs the Triumph65 is so quick and easy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC