Phil & Teds car seats?

ADS

broken4u05

That would make since because i think the strollers and everything are from there too. and they do not look like seats we have here

Cindy&Connor

You have a P&T? How do you like it and do you have the doubles seat? I am thinking about getting it

Butting in but my sil has one. I keep her daughter during the day and I've been using it for her daughter and my ds until her new baby is born. I love it. Between us we've had the graco duoglider (hated it) and the safety 1st transit (it was okay but the seats we're really close together and the one in back kept kicking the one in front). I'm using it for a 3 yo and an almost 2 yo and it is still really easy to push.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey has anyone seen the Phil & Teds car seats. They have them on the website but have nothing really about them. Anyone heard of it?
http://www.philandteds.com/cat.htm

The don't look like anything I know right off the bat, but often there will be a co-branding situation...like it might be a Nania or Maxi Cosi with a P&T label? Or I suppose P&T might have their own carseat making and testing facility, but I'd imagine that's cost prohibitive.....

:twocents:

broken4u05

Butting in but my sil has one. I keep her daughter during the day and I've been using it for her daughter and my ds until her new baby is born. I love it. Between us we've had the graco duoglider (hated it) and the safety 1st transit (it was okay but the seats we're really close together and the one in back kept kicking the one in front). I'm using it for a 3 yo and an almost 2 yo and it is still really easy to push.

Thanks. I think i am going to get it. I have been buying other small boubles that i just do not like and i do not like it that it can not be a single so i think i might just spend the money to get it

jn__

I love mine. The new one has a few improvements. It's not "cushy" it's very utilitarian but it's great and easy to use.

jn__

I personally don't think so. The handle is more easily adjustable but I set mine once and I'm happy with it. The only other adjustment I know of is the toddler seat reclines a bit. I don't think I'd get that much use out of that feature to be worth the extra money.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I personally don't think so. The handle is more easily adjustable but I set mine once and I'm happy with it. The only other adjustment I know of is the toddler seat reclines a bit. I don't think I'd get that much use out of that feature to be worth the extra money.

There are a few other adjustments too. I don't know if they are worth the extra money or not, but there are a few others:
The new sport

4 stages, 2 children, endless adventure

The sport takes the phil&teds buggy to the next level with a long list of improvements and upgrades.

The sport has a sleeker feel thanks to new tailoring and great new additions such as a ratcheting handlebar to accommodate parents of different heights, a redesigned canopy with a "peek-a-boo" window and a double kit accessory that reclines too!

The sport features:

• Ergonomic, adjustable handlenew!

• Adjustable crotch restraints on both seats new!

• One touch quick release wheelsnew!

• Solid steel axlesnew!

• Two pockets sewn into lower parcel traynew!

• Redesigned, sleeker looking canopynew!

• "Peek-a-boo" window in the canopynew!

• Pouch in canopy for cell phone, etc.new!

• Reclining seat on the doubles kit*new!

• Locking straps to hold stroller closednew!

• New easy on & off grab barnew!

• Lightweight frame weighing only 24lbs

• Smooth ride swivel or fixed front wheel

• Inflatable tires

• Single action, dual-rear brake

• Tough, washable, & waterproof fabrics

• Compact & easy to fold

• Max load: Single position, 55lbs; single & toddler, 88lbs (33lbs double kit in rear )

• Dimensions: 24" wide; folded: 36" x 23" x 11"

Many new and improved features.
• New - Ratcheting, adjustable ergonomic handle.
• New - Velcro multi adjustable crotch strap.
• Main stroller seat holds child up to 55 pounds.
• New - Solid Axle.
• New - Quick release one touch hub wheels.
• New - Higher front bar and easier removal.

teekadog

I like my P&T, yes, I have the doubles kit. My kids are 4yo and 2yo, about 30 lbs and 20 lbs and I can push it easily.

My complaint is that it's not built "tough." Even P&T says some bits wear out during the life of the stroller and you'll need to replace them. I've had a couple jogging strollers in my SAHM career, and I use them HARD. As in, several miles every day, more than a bit of it off-road. The P&T just shows the wear much more. That bugs me, considering how expensive it is. I had a generic InStep jogging stroller that wasn't as full of convenience features, but handled my abuse really well.

broken4u05

Thanks.. I guess i will just have to look and see a store that has both and see if i think it is wroth it or not. But i know i want one. I also just got a ergo and it sould be coming soon so i can use the stroller as a single and one on my back.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Yes those car seats are sold in New Zealand and Europe too I think. They're actually European Standard seats, they're alright......

jn__

Oh, I know you were just posting that for completeness's sake but I really don't think it's worth extra, and keep in mind I bought mine before they had an american distro. I paid less than $400 for the whole thing with the doubles kit.

Ergonomic, adjustable handle - like I said, I set mine, don't care, works fine for me. My husband wouldn't even know it was adjustable. He just doesn't care that much.

Adjustable crotch restraints on both seats- yay. Seriously... :D I used mine from when my son was a newborn and never felt the need. When the strap was too tall I just used it as a 3pt or put the shoulder harness under his arms. Actually you CAN adjust the distance from seatback if you put it in or out of underneath that strap that's sewn to the seat. It's difficult but not too bad.

• One touch quick release wheels - I never take the wheels off, so I really didn't notice. And if I did need to take the wheels off it's not that difficult. It's just one of those pop button/hole deals.

Solid steel axles To add weight? :confused:

Two pockets sewn into lower parcel tray I use pannier bags, my tray is full of toddler feet. Or I just put a small bag in there.

Redesigned, sleeker looking canopy The canopy is kind of useless but I have a Rayshade since most stroller canopies are useless.

"Peek-a-boo" window in the canopy This would be a nice touch, but not worth the money by itself

Pouch in canopy for cell phone, etc. I use an aftermarket add-on drink tray that has 2 pockets in it for whatever I want to carry AND holds my drink.

Reclining seat on the doubles kit This is a nice feature and I'm tempted to see if it would fit on my old one or if they changed the connectors (probably) but not enough for me to upgrade. I had my son in the jump seat when he was 2 mos old, no joke. Then my daughter decided she wanted to sit back there (she didn't, at first, but now she insists LOL)

Locking straps to hold stroller closed There's already a little-known feature to hold it closed, via the wrist strap and a snap under the front footboard, or around the front wheel. If I was going to fly with it I'd buy a bag or just zip tie that sucker closed. YMMV of course.

New easy on & off grab bar :confused: not sure what this means but mine isn't that hard to get on and off. Pushbutton/holes.

The only thing I don't like is you can't use the grab bar if the toddler seat is up front. That is kind of annoying. Other than that I really like it and could talk about it for days. :D It's tough to work with when you have to fold it and put the jump seat back on but after a bit of practice I can do it quickly.

I'm not sure if it's tough or not, but we haven't had any problems with it. It looks kind of "cheap" and isn't cushy at all but we love it. I'd probably rather buy it used if I had to do it all over again, rather than pay the "new" price for one, though! I'm not sure what that says about it. :) You can probably get one used since everyone will want the Sport one.

broken4u05

There is one on there now that is the new one and free shipping that is less than everywere else i have seen. I just wish i had gotten this first and not 2 other double strollers because i at first did not want to spend the money. But the money i am going to buy it with is all extra babysitting money not my normal pay so i feel a little better with that

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC