OK so maybe a frontier is our next seat

swtgi1982

I just turned DD in her CA and since we are getting a new seat since baby moving out of onboard since he is cramped it might as well be for her and pass her CA down. I was just gonna get another CA for her with the higher weight limit, in case I needed it for baby down the line, which I probably will, but I am thinking I will just get a frontier for her, I mean with only a little over and inch in growth room FF for her I can not see getting another CA.

What do oyu all think? I am off to BRU to look at it.

ADS

arly1983

At 4 yrs 8 months I am not sure I would even get a frontier. I think I would get a nautilus and use the saved money in a year or so to get a really nice dedicated booster and pass the Gn to your next DD.

But then I like the GN, LOL and the frontier does have higher slots, higher booster, and longer life.

babyherder

If you can afford a Frontier, go for it! If not, get a cheaper seat to use until your dd is ready to booster full time.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I love the Frontier as a harnessed seat, but it really shines as a booster - it fits littler and big kids really well, and has GREAT leg support and height.

swtgi1982

that is the thing she was almost at the top slots in the nautilus and I doubt it would last her a year. I was hoping ot get til 6yr old before booster full time. Also I will need it later for sure for my oldest DS with his behavior problems and his light weight and failure to gain weight. He is almost 3.5yr old and only 24lbs. I looked at it today and I think it is what we will go with.

sixmaybemore

I love the Frontier as a harnessed seat, but it really shines as a booster - it fits littler and big kids really well, and has GREAT leg support and height.

I've had armrests on *both FR85 break. :/

ITA, it IS a great booster, too. N, the 9 yo, loves when he gets to use it as a booster.

NannyMom

Why a Radian? Do you need it for 3 across? I think a Frontier is a great idea, if you can afford it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, no reason to consider a Radian unless you have a tight three-across (or, well, a burning desire to own a Radian, which IS a lovely seat, lol).
Just keep looking for a deal on a Frontier ;)

autumnlily

I have peanuts for children. I don't *need* a Frontier for any of them as they would all fit in the run of the mill 16"-ish top slot seats until booster ready (my 4y11m is still on the third slot of the MA). That being said, I :love: the Frontier and it is the ONLY seat my DD1 has not complained in.

swtgi1982

She has a little over and in left in her CA FF and I am not sure at almost five what to do. I know that I am not ready to booster her anytime soon since she just went FF from RF. Also our spare car only has lap belts so I would need to either have to put her up front in there or get a harnessed seat with higher harness slots. By spare car I do not mean DH car but one we use only in emergencies if one of ours break down.

NannyMom

She has a little over and in left in her CA FF and I am not sure at almost five what to do. I know that I am not ready to booster her anytime soon since she just went FF from RF. Also our spare car only has lap belts so I would need to either have to put her up front in there or get a harnessed seat with higher harness slots. By spare car I do not mean DH car but one we use only in emergencies if one of ours break down.

Would you need 3 across in the spare car? If so, a Radian would be better than the Frontier. But if you don't, the Frontier would be better for the high harness height.

swtgi1982

Three across in that car yes but that car is a beast I can fit a symphony RF and two RF CA in there and I didn't think the frontier is much wider then the symphony I am getting rid of. I have a few inches space left with those three in there

Kat_Momof3

I would get the frontier.. because she will have plenty of siblings to inherit it... remember the 9yr lifespan.

That to me makes the cost totally worth it.

NannyMom

If you don't need a tight 3 across, than yes, get the Frontier. I agree with Kat about the 9yr lifespan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC