Got my new (to me) van!

scatterbunny

Our plan was to drive 2ish hours to see a 1999 green Ford Windstar SE (this one: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&advanced=&max_price=6000&model=WINDST ).

If that one didn't work out to our liking, we were then going to travel 2ish hours in a different direction to look at a 2001 white Windstar LX (this one: http://eugene.craigslist.org/car/282621572.html ).

After talking with both owners on the phone, we were leaning toward the green 99 SE, even though I wanted the newest ANYTHING possible, LOL. And I thought I wanted the bench seat that the 2001 offered.

But I fell in love with the green SE, and it's awesome. Drives sooo nice. I installed Hayley's Husky in about 2 minutes flat in the driver's side middle captain's chair. I am in love with it!!! :D

Thanks for all the advice everyone has given me in my vehicle search!

ADS

lovinwaves

LOL! Maria, I heard you were waiting up for Jenny to reply back with her Van purchase :)

CONGRATS JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!! :D

scatterbunny

Thanks, girls! :D

I tried taking pics earlier but it was already dark and they turned out horrible. :rolleyes: So I'll take more in the morning.

I could not be happier. I feel like the dark green trimmed in chrome was MEANT for me. :p It has so much more room than my MPV, and is so much nicer and safer, and drives so much better. I ENJOYED driving this.

Thanks for waiting up for me, Maria. ;) Now go get some sleep! :ROTFLMAO:

scatterbunny

Wow--sorry for all the smilies--I am just so EXCITED right now. Mark, Hayley and I spent the first 45 minutes I was home out in the van examining every feature...the power sliding doors, the surprisingly good sound system, the folding function of the seats, the power driver's seat, the rear air system. So many things we've never had before. :p

I feel so safe in it, too!

cpsaddict

Yay, Jenny! New cars are so much fun! I am glad you found something to suit you. I have no kids yet, but I still want a van for the room. :rolleyes:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I'm not that familiar with the MPV or the Windstar. How are they different - is the Windstar that much larger? Power doors are nice, huh? I have one on my Sienna which I didn't think I wanted. Now I *love* it!

scatterbunny

We went to Taco Bell for dinner! :ROTFLMAO: We don't have a Taco Bell within 1.5 hours, so when I'm near one, I've got to break down and eat there!

Differences between MPV and Windstar--size, definitely. The MPV is much smaller. Most importantly, my MPV was five years older, and it had a lot more miles on it. I think less horsepower; it had no "guts". It had no sliding doors at all, just one passenger-side door that opened like a car door. It did have headrests in four of the rear seating positions, a huge plus, but one of those positions, the "safest" position in the vehicle, was a forward-of-the-bight lapbelt that didn't work well with ANY seat that fits Hayley. So I'm happy to be rid of it.

I got features I didn't want/need--the power sliding doors, anti-theft thingy (LOL), CD player...but I did want the SE for the front seat adjustable headrests (the LX has fixed headrests in the front). Didn't really want the captain's chairs, but I'm glad I have them now.

The green/chrome really fits my personality, I think. :p

And we're a two-Ford family now. A 1993 Ford F150 XLT and a 1999 Ford Windstar SE.

beeman

I'm not that familiar with the MPV or the Windstar. How are they different - is the Windstar that much larger? Power doors are nice, huh? I have one on my Sienna which I didn't think I wanted. Now I *love* it!

Power doors must be nice. I don't even have power locks, or windows, or any other features. The fun xl model rather than the xlt. I did put a CD player in after my tape deck ate my Ian Tyson tape :mad: !

JaRylan

We went to Taco Bell for dinner! :ROTFLMAO: We don't have a Taco Bell within 1.5 hours, so when I'm near one, I've got to break down and eat there!

Darn it, I guessed wrong, lol. If you read your original thread tomorrow this will make sense.

Last edited:

scatterbunny

Mark's F150 XLT doesn't have power anything, but his is a 93, that may be why?

Jacqui, I saw that you guessed we had Chinese. :p I briefly considered it, but I was raised on Taco Bell (mom didn't cook much :ROTFLMAO: ), and it's sooooo good. I know it's soooooo bad, but it tastes so good, I don't care. I figure the few times a year I can eat it isn't going to kill me.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Man! The posting for your van has been taken down! I will have to wait for *your* photos! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congratulations on your van! Have fun experimenting with all of the seats and features. :D

Amaris

Congrats on you new van! Have fun with all of the things you got with it.....aren't new cars great?!?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC