Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you stand it?

( I removed photo because I was informed it was against board policy.)
    That was posted on my cousin's facebook page.. with a cute caption.. Not so cute to me..
    A five stepper and a booster rider

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: How do you stand it?

I ignore it. They aren't asking for advice; I'm not going to give it. More than likely, you are going to lose friends over it.

Whether you see it this way or not, they take it as a "slam" to their parenting. Car seats are a very "personal" thing to parents. They get offended and defensive when you are given unsolicited advice.

So, I don't give it.

Some people will make a nice and SHORT comment, but others leave it.

I'm curious though, your siggy, your son's car seat has a BundleMe, correct? Why not put a new picture of BOTH your boys, that doesn't show misuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    I ignore it. They aren't asking for advice; I'm not going to give it. More than likely, you are going to lose friends over it.

Whether you see it this way or not, they take it as a "slam" to their parenting. Car seats are a very "personal" thing to parents. They get offended and defensive when you are given unsolicited advice.

So, I don't give it.

Some people will make a nice and SHORT comment, but others leave it.

I'm curious though, your siggy, your son's car seat has a BundleMe, correct? Why not put a new picture of BOTH your boys, that doesn't show misuse?
    Yes.. I just thought it was a cute picture. I had no idea bundle me's weren't okay.

The other option that day was a snow suit. It was February and 20 degrees.

I am close to this cousin and I am seeing her mom tomorrow. I will just make a comment to her mom.

CPS Technician

I just ignore bad pics. If someone comes to me with questions, I'm happy to answer but I ignore bad pics.
    Tanya

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
    Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster

Also, it is against the board's rules (not to mention illegal) to post pictures that do not belong to you, even if you have blocked the child's face out.

We frown upon the use of other people's pictures of their kids, without their written approval.

While we understand the obnoxiousness about car seat related things on FB and other places, how would you like it if you stumbled upon a website where you found your cousin who had copied your picture, then posted in on the internet and titled the conversation, "How do you stand it?".

I'm sure you wouldn't be feeling too great afterwards. It hurts people's feelings, whether that was the intention or not.

7. Thank You from:

Also, it is against the board's rules (not to mention illegal) to post pictures that do not belong to you, even if you have blocked the child's face out.

We frown upon the use of other people's pictures of their kids, without their written approval.

While we understand the obnoxiousness about car seat related things on FB and other places, how would you like it if you stumbled upon a website where you found your cousin who had copied your picture, then posted in on the internet and titled the conversation, "How do you stand it?".

I'm sure you wouldn't be feeling too great afterwards. It hurts people's feelings, whether that was the intention or not.

We are a pretty darn close family. I will remove it though. It was something that just popped up tonight. I signed on and there it was.

Tell me what is wrong with the bundle me, please.

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

A search will provide many relevant threads about the BundleMe -- there is quite a bit of good discussion.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

11. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
    Tell me what is wrong with the bundle me, please.
    I believe we've been over this in one of your threads.

Ah, yes, using the search feature, we have. It's here, in your thread. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ghlight=bundle Post number 17, by me.

Please, read over this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=146145

If you use the search feature, as noted in that above thread, you can find many topics covering why the Bundle Me (and ALL other after market products) are a bad idea.

13. Thank You from:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ghlight=bundle

There are people here in much colder climates (see my location under my avatar?) that don't use snowsuits OR BundleMe's.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

15. Thank You from:

Mae

CPS Technician

I've found that if I approach someone about,seats in a friendly concerned way I'm likely to get a better response than with a smart alec comment.,I've taught many I'd ny friends about carseat safety, but being know it All-y won't get results.

Bella, 5yo 46lbs, FF in Nauti and XTSL
    Trace, 2/13, RF in KF30

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...ghlight=bundle

There are people here in much colder climates (see my location under my avatar?) that don't use snowsuits OR BundleMe's.
    So why are they allowed to market these things then? I don't understand it.
    It makes not sense to me. AS a parent, I ( until coming here) assumed like every other normal parent that if we can buy it in a store next to our car seat.. it would be safe for our babies.

So why are they allowed to market these things then? I don't understand it.
    It makes not sense to me. AS a parent, I ( until coming here) assumed like every other normal parent that if we can buy it in a store next to our car seat.. it would be safe for our babies.
    - Because they market it to be "safe", when they cannot prove that. Have they tested it with every single seat out there? No, therefore, they cannot claim it to be safe.
    - They can make money off of it.
    - Because parents will buy it.

Businesses do not care about our kids. They care about making money.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleCPST View Post
    I've found that if I approach someone about,seats in a friendly concerned way I'm likely to get a better response than with a smart alec comment.,I've taught many I'd ny friends about carseat safety, but being know it All-y won't get results.
    I would have said some thing to her whether I had come here or not. She is a close cousin and I love her and she knows it. She is like a little sister. I agree.. Presentation is EVERYTHING!

BundleMes are perfectly safe in strollers.

There are lots of things that are legal to buy that can be terribly, even fatally, misused. I would not be comfortable outlawing all of them. I like being able to buy ibuprofen or salt or ant poison in the stores.

- Because they market it to be "safe", when they cannot prove that. Have they tested it with every single seat out there? No, therefore, they cannot claim it to be safe.

- They can make money off of it.
    - Because parents will buy it.

Businesses do not care about our kids. They care about making money.
    Yes but if it causes a safety issue.. Why in the name of pete would they let them sell it?

I am becoming infuriated.. Here I was trying to be as SAFE as possible.. Making sure my son was secure and I apparently was making it worse? This is really nuts.

The Snugride manual states in bold "Make sure that nothing interferes with the harness".

I know you feel that there needs to be more information available to parents, and I don't disagree, but a good thorough read of the carseat manual and vehicle manual will eliminate most misuse.

Quote Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
    The Snugride manual states in bold "Make sure that nothing interferes with the harness".

I know you feel that there needs to be more information available to parents, and I don't disagree, but a good thorough read of the carseat manual and vehicle manual will eliminate most misuse.
    As far as I was concerned it didn't. It fit int there nicely and laid well. That to me was not interfering. I think that the lingo for non expert installing parents it just too vague..

Senior Community Member aclayton74's Avatar

I agree with this 100%!! The thing is MOST parents don't read the manual. I do though

Amy!! Mom to
    Anthony-21, Daniel-18
    BOTH DRIVING!!
    Aiden-8 RN65/RNXT

I think that the lingo for non expert installing parents it just too vague..
    It is mentioned in every car seat manual to not use anything that did not come with the seat.

A few examples:

SafeSeat1/SnugRide32/SnugRide35:

Nautilus:

MyRide65:

SJKP Radians:

Scenera:

With that said, yes to this: