How do you stand it?

Baylor

( I removed photo because I was informed it was against board policy.)
That was posted on my cousin's facebook page.. with a cute caption.. Not so cute to me..

ADS

Mae

I ignore it. They aren't asking for advice; I'm not going to give it. More than likely, you are going to lose friends over it.

Whether you see it this way or not, they take it as a "slam" to their parenting. Car seats are a very "personal" thing to parents. They get offended and defensive when you are given unsolicited advice.

So, I don't give it.

Some people will make a nice and SHORT comment, but others leave it.

I'm curious though, your siggy, your son's car seat has a BundleMe, correct? Why not put a new picture of BOTH your boys, that doesn't show misuse?

Baylor

I ignore it. They aren't asking for advice; I'm not going to give it. More than likely, you are going to lose friends over it.

Whether you see it this way or not, they take it as a "slam" to their parenting. Car seats are a very "personal" thing to parents. They get offended and defensive when you are given unsolicited advice.

So, I don't give it.

Some people will make a nice and SHORT comment, but others leave it.

I'm curious though, your siggy, your son's car seat has a BundleMe, correct? Why not put a new picture of BOTH your boys, that doesn't show misuse?

Yes.. I just thought it was a cute picture. I had no idea bundle me's weren't okay.

The other option that day was a snow suit. It was February and 20 degrees.

I am close to this cousin and I am seeing her mom tomorrow. I will just make a comment to her mom.

Mae

Also, it is against the board's rules (not to mention illegal) to post pictures that do not belong to you, even if you have blocked the child's face out.

We frown upon the use of other people's pictures of their kids, without their written approval.

While we understand the obnoxiousness about car seat related things on FB and other places, how would you like it if you stumbled upon a website where you found your cousin who had copied your picture, then posted in on the internet and titled the conversation, "How do you stand it?".

I'm sure you wouldn't be feeling too great afterwards. It hurts people's feelings, whether that was the intention or not.

:twocents:

Baylor

Also, it is against the board's rules (not to mention illegal) to post pictures that do not belong to you, even if you have blocked the child's face out.

We frown upon the use of other people's pictures of their kids, without their written approval.

While we understand the obnoxiousness about car seat related things on FB and other places, how would you like it if you stumbled upon a website where you found your cousin who had copied your picture, then posted in on the internet and titled the conversation, "How do you stand it?".

I'm sure you wouldn't be feeling too great afterwards. It hurts people's feelings, whether that was the intention or not.

:twocents:

We are a pretty darn close family. I will remove it though. It was something that just popped up tonight. I signed on and there it was.

Mae

Tell me what is wrong with the bundle me, please.

I believe we've been over this in one of your threads.

Ah, yes, using the search feature, we have. It's here, in your thread. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=146124&highlight=bundle Post number 17, by me.

Please, read over this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=146145

If you use the search feature, as noted in that above thread, you can find many topics covering why the Bundle Me (and ALL other after market products) are a bad idea.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I've found that if I approach someone about,seats in a friendly concerned way I'm likely to get a better response than with a smart alec comment.,I've taught many I'd ny friends about carseat safety, but being know it All-y won't get results.

Baylor

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=132839&highlight=bundle

There are people here in much colder climates (see my location under my avatar?) that don't use snowsuits OR BundleMe's.

So why are they allowed to market these things then? I don't understand it.
It makes not sense to me. AS a parent, I ( until coming here) assumed like every other normal parent that if we can buy it in a store next to our car seat.. it would be safe for our babies.

Mae

So why are they allowed to market these things then? I don't understand it.
It makes not sense to me. AS a parent, I ( until coming here) assumed like every other normal parent that if we can buy it in a store next to our car seat.. it would be safe for our babies.

- Because they market it to be "safe", when they cannot prove that. Have they tested it with every single seat out there? No, therefore, they cannot claim it to be safe.
- They can make money off of it.
- Because parents will buy it.

Businesses do not care about our kids. They care about making money.

Baylor

I've found that if I approach someone about,seats in a friendly concerned way I'm likely to get a better response than with a smart alec comment.,I've taught many I'd ny friends about carseat safety, but being know it All-y won't get results.

I would have said some thing to her whether I had come here or not. She is a close cousin and I love her and she knows it. She is like a little sister. I agree.. Presentation is EVERYTHING!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
BundleMes are perfectly safe in strollers.

There are lots of things that are legal to buy that can be terribly, even fatally, misused. I would not be comfortable outlawing all of them. I like being able to buy ibuprofen or salt or ant poison in the stores.

Baylor

- Because they market it to be "safe", when they cannot prove that. Have they tested it with every single seat out there? No, therefore, they cannot claim it to be safe.

- They can make money off of it.
- Because parents will buy it.

Businesses do not care about our kids. They care about making money.

Yes but if it causes a safety issue.. Why in the name of pete would they let them sell it?

I am becoming infuriated.. Here I was trying to be as SAFE as possible.. Making sure my son was secure and I apparently was making it worse? This is really nuts.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Snugride manual states in bold "Make sure that nothing interferes with the harness".

I know you feel that there needs to be more information available to parents, and I don't disagree, but a good thorough read of the carseat manual and vehicle manual will eliminate most misuse.

Baylor

The Snugride manual states in bold "Make sure that nothing interferes with the harness".

I know you feel that there needs to be more information available to parents, and I don't disagree, but a good thorough read of the carseat manual and vehicle manual will eliminate most misuse.

As far as I was concerned it didn't. It fit int there nicely and laid well. That to me was not interfering. I think that the lingo for non expert installing parents it just too vague..

aclayton74

I agree with this 100%!! The thing is MOST parents don't read the manual. I do though:whistle:

Mae

I think that the lingo for non expert installing parents it just too vague..

It is mentioned in every car seat manual to not use anything that did not come with the seat.

A few examples:

SafeSeat1/SnugRide32/SnugRide35:

SS1SR3235.jpg

Nautilus:

GN.jpg

MyRide65:

MR65.jpg

SJKP Radians:

SKJP.jpg

Scenera:

Scenera.jpg

With that said, yes to this:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC