Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Evenflo Tribute Sport?

How is this seat? They now have it ay my Wal-Mart and I haven't heard much about it. Is it good? Bad? The manual that it comes with says "Tribute 5" on it but it is a Tribute Sport...not sure of the difference.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Evenflo Tribute Sport?

I actually just bought one last night!! Pretty sure the only difference between the Tribute sport and the Tribute 5 is the sport doesn't come with a head pillow or a body support.
    I had bought a pretty purple Tribute 5 online and had it shipped site-to-store and when they opened the mangled box to double check there was a car seat in the box it was VERY obviously used. So I returned it right away and bought the cheaper Tribute sport they had. It was $50. Not too bad a seat for that price, IMO.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

Would you mind measuring the top harness slots? I'm hoping it's higher than the Scenera.

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishmama3 View Post
    Would you mind measuring the top harness slots? I'm hoping it's higher than the Scenera.
    Approx. 14.5. Shell height is about 23. HTH.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

6. Thank You from:

The Tribute Sport has a shorter shell and harness heights than the Cosco Scenera. You cannot RF on the top slot of the Tribute either.

I bought one last night as well! I needed a seat quick for my nephew today. I was going to go get a scenera because I know he still fits in it but...they only had pink ones! So I picked up one of these. I like the seat besides for it being kind of small. My nephew is 2.5 and on the top slots so therefore has to be FF. He fit well and I think it will last him at least another year. The seat was super easy to install for me outboard and center. It took me about 5 minutes to get it in rock solid. I also love the little RF/FF foot thing that it has. It is much better than the one on the scenera that leaves the huge gap under the seat when it is in FF.

Senior Community Member Irishmama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purplemama View Post
    Approx. 14.5. Shell height is about 23. HTH.
    Thanks! I'll have to try dd2 in one next time we're at Wal-Mart.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

It's awesome...someone just bought one and put various kiddos in it for measurement (try a search? maybe it was kayskidz?), and there was a shocking amount of room to grow in it (the way the Radian and Marathon have the same top slot measurements, but fits kids like a year longer...phantom seat syndrome!). I like it way better than the Scenera
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Yep, we have one and love it! While it does have shorter measurements in terms of harness heights, the way it installs, we get TONS more room! My 35lbs 3.5yr old who is on the top slots of his Radian/DC etc, has a solid 1" of torso growth left in the Tribute. And his 28lbs twin, can still fit rf'ing with plenty of growing room as well.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James