ERF Weight limits..

ADS

Mae

Radian XTSL and Radian 80SL, with a limit of 45lbs RFing.

Followed by 40lbs RFing limit seats:

Britax ADV70
Britax BLVD70
Britax MA70
Britax RA55
Cosco Scenera (Some 40lb, some 35lb-- most newer ones on shelves should be 40lbs) I've also been told that the 40lb RFing Sceneras are a Target exclusive.
Evenflo Momentum 65
Evenflo Triumph 65
Graco Myride 65
Safety 1st Complete Air
Safety 1st OnSide Air
SKJP Radian 65/80 (not SL versions) (DOM only after 9/08) - 40lbs
SKJP Radian 65SL - 40lbs
SKJP Radian XT - 40lbs

This list is also specific to the US.

Baylor

Radian XTSL and Radian 80SL, with a limit of 45lbs RFing.

Followed by 40lbs RFing limit seats:

Britax ADV70
Britax BLVD70
Britax MA70
Britax RA55
Cosco Scenera (Some 40lb, some 35lb-- most newer ones on shelves should be 40lbs) I've also been told that the 40lb RFing Sceneras are a Target exclusive.
Evenflo Momentum 65
Evenflo Triumph 65
Graco Myride 65
Safety 1st Complete Air
Safety 1st OnSide Air
SKJP Radian 65/80 (not SL versions) (DOM only after 9/08) - 40lbs
SKJP Radian 65SL - 40lbs
SKJP Radian XT - 40lbs

This list is also specific to the US.

Thank you so much for that. Really that does not help me with Ds being 42 lbs already but I have lots of friends getting ready to buy convertibles. I would like to be able to just let them know about ERF. I will also providing every one of them links to this site!

Mae

http://babies-kids.pricegrabber.com...riumph-Advance-Deluxe-Sandbox/m730166195.html

That is the exact seat I have.. I just want to make sure So I know for anyone I give it too.

That has a 35lb RFing limit. It will say this on a sticker on the side of the seat, as well as the car seat manual. You can also enter your model number and DOM into Evenflo's website and it will give you an electronic copy of your manual. Do that here: https://plweb.evenflo.com/replacement_parts.aspx

Here's a website with that specific seat's specifications: http://www.albeebaby.com/evenflo-triumph-advance-deluxe-convertible-car-seat-in-sandbox.html

Mae

Ok, from looking around on websites, I'm thinking that the Triumph 65 came out around June of '10.

pepsicola

Baylor
There is a Multi Tech on the swap board. It is a Swedish seat that RF to 55#

:yeahthat:

Or get in touch with AdventureDad. He lives in Sweden and sells Swedish seats on his website. They are pricey and not actually legal for use in the USA but if you're serious about erf your 2 yo I think that's your only option. I'd link u his website here but I'm typing from a phone.

Baylor

:yeahthat:

Or get in touch with AdventureDad. He lives in Sweden and sells Swedish seats on his website. They are pricey and not actually legal for use in the USA but if you're serious about erf your 2 yo I think that's your only option. I'd link u his website here but I'm typing from a phone.

REALLY?!!! That is amazing!! I would love to. For me I just can not spend the money. I split the cost of the GN with my mom. It was on sale at Target for 125.00 last week. So it is only a week old.

I would love to buy a seat that would rf him. It kills me that I can't. It is another reason I want to get my seats checked by a tech. I want to make sure I am doing at least the minimum right.

If I could at all afford it.. I would do it.

hrice

REALLY?!!! That is amazing!! I would love to. For me I just can not spend the money. I split the cost of the GN with my mom. It was on sale at Target for 125.00 last week. So it is only a week old.

I would love to buy a seat that would rf him. It kills me that I can't. It is another reason I want to get my seats checked by a tech. I want to make sure I am doing at least the minimum right.

If I could at all afford it.. I would do it.

Totally understand. I just wanted to put it out to you.

Baylor

Totally understand. I just wanted to put it out to you.

Now that I have looked into it and see the difference it can make in a crash.. It just kills me I can not do it. If there is a seat that will hold him 55lbs rear facing that is awesome!!

Do you know how much it cost? Maybe I could save for it! I just started selling Avon for extra money... It could be one of my goals!

What about FF?

Baylor

A properly harnessed 2.5 year old 42 pound kid is far from minimum. It's perfectly safe. ;)

A just turned 20 pound, 12 month old forward facing without the top tether is minimum.

Thanks for that! I needed to hear that. If I had it.. I wish I had known about ERF when I got the Triumph. I bought that because it was the first time I heard about keeping Babies Rf for over a year. Evan was RF for 18months. He is just such a big boy!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I believe you can go and view swap and see for yourself how much it costs.

You can also use the search function here to see past discussions on Swedish seats.

Google will help you find Swedish seats on sites around the world, so you can see their cost, then convert them to USD and figure out shipping.

Wendy

Baylor

I believe you can go and view swap and see for yourself how much it costs.

You can also use the search function here to see past discussions on Swedish seats.

Google will help you find Swedish seats on sites around the world, so you can see their cost, then convert them to USD and figure out shipping.

Wendy

I can only imagine! I will look around.. Why are they illegal here?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If I was staffing a check and you came in with an illegal seat, I would not (could not) inspect the seat or teach you how to install it. I would recommend that you not use it. Depending on which officers were staffing the check with me, they might recommend *very strongly* that you not leave the check with your child in an illegal seat.

(I know not everyone here feels as strongly about illegal seats as I do.)

NannyMom

If I was staffing a check and you came in with an illegal seat, I would not (could not) inspect the seat or teach you how to install it. I would recommend that you not use it. Depending on which officers were staffing the check with me, they might recommend *very strongly* that you not leave the check with your child in an illegal seat.

(I know not everyone here feels as strongly about illegal seats as I do.)

I was talking about Swedish seats with an instructor once. She said someone brought one to a check, and the police officer CPST confiscated it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC