Question 1.5 year old new seat advice

U

Unregistered

Hi!

I am asking this for my SIL. Her little guy is 1.5 years old and has just outgrown his SafeSeat. (sorry, don't have his stats) She's looking for a seat to move him in to. Any advice on what to move in to? Thanks!

ADS
U

Unregistered

The seat will be used in a smaller car (not sure of the make...say about the size of the new Impala's?) and also in their truck - which has 4 doors.

amyd

Do you know if he outgrew his Safeseat by weight or height? My recommendations will be different depending on whether he's 30lbs at 8 months or if he just outgrew it by height.

U

Unregistered

Sorry for the slow reply. Baby is approx. 23lbs at 18 months and after speaking to her I don't think he's actually outgrown the seat. She said there is still *a lot* of shell above his head, but his feet are over the edge, so she figured this meant she needed a new seat. She is going to take measurements and double check and will go from there.

Any suggestions for seats to consider when the time comes?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC