It's a car seat palooza! (Pics)

zactayaus

Gavin and I had our own little car seat party this morning (although he wasn't really in party mode). I figured I'd get pics of all the seats I had in the house before all but one of them goes off to new homes and one to that big car seat pile in the sky.:(

So here are all the seats (Frontier80, Nautilus, My Ride, Comfort Sport, and Safe Seat 1):
100_1844.jpg

And here are pics of Gavin modeling the seats. He is currently 18mo, 25lbs, and 34".

SS1:
100_1821.jpg
100_1825-1.jpg
100_1824-1.jpg

CS:
He did not want anything to do with this seat at all. The seat was also set up for forward facing cause I wanted to see how close he was to outgrowing it.
100_1829.jpg

MR:
100_1834.jpg

GN:
Hated the way it seemed to push his head forward even though I had it fully reclined.
100_1843.jpg

Frontier:
I actually really liked the way he fit in this seat even though he does not meet the minimum age requirement.
100_1841.jpg

And there you have it! Our car seat palooza!:cool::D:p

ADS

Baylor

Too cool! And thanks for that! I think it is cool to see the different models and how they can fit one child so differently!

Pixels

It's interesting to me how differently the same seats fit your son vs my daughter. DD is 2.5yo, 26ish pounds and 34-36 inches (don't have current stats). Based on room above the head in the CS, they have approximately the same seated height as well. In the Nautilus, my DD is definitely on the second slots and has been for a while (how close is your DS to moving up? It looks like he's really close). In the ComfortSport, DD has nearly an inch to go to the top slots. Does the cover line up reasonably well with the slots on your CS? Mine doesn't, so she's about even with the slot in the cover but the slot in the shell is well above. It looks like the crotch strap depth isn't bad on him in the CS. DD still has a gap to the closest slot, I think.

Baylor

It's interesting to me how differently the same seats fit your son vs my daughter. DD is 2.5yo, 26ish pounds and 34-36 inches (don't have current stats). Based on room above the head in the CS, they have approximately the same seated height as well. In the Nautilus, my DD is definitely on the second slots and has been for a while (how close is your DS to moving up? It looks like he's really close). In the ComfortSport, DD has nearly an inch to go to the top slots. Does the cover line up reasonably well with the slots on your CS? Mine doesn't, so she's about even with the slot in the cover but the slot in the shell is well above. It looks like the crotch strap depth isn't bad on him in the CS. DD still has a gap to the closest slot, I think.

My 2.5 yr old is 39 inches and 42 lbs at his last check up this month. Amazing how different they can be in size! He fits great in the Nautilus

zactayaus

He is dead even with the 1st set of slots in the GN. If it were installed I'm not sure if we'd gain or lose height so he would possibly need to have them moved up.

The slots in the cover on the CS are just slightly lower than the actual slots in the seat. If his head was leaned all the way back in the seat he'd have maybe 1 1/2-2 inches of shell above his head. I'll have to see if I can get a better pic after he's up from his nap cause now I'm curios.

Last edited:

Pixels

Okay, I thought that was on the bottom slot of the GN.

I wish I had my CS here to take comparison pics. It lives in SIL's car.

cookie123

No wonder people buy CSs. Really it doesn't look noticably (apparently I can't spell) smaller. And if don't know why you'd want it bigger, you'd think it's cushy and cheap. Why would you need anything else?

Oh, and Gavin's adorable as usual.:) I offered his name to a friend to suggest to her pregnant daughter at work the other day.

PurpleCat

You can see his head is pushed forward in the GN. It looks really uncomfortable.

I love seeing kids in different seats. Thanks for sharing. :)

featherhead

Wow! Kezi is just a few weeks older, so I thought I'd put a cloth diaper on her (we rarely use cloth in the car) and check how she fit in her MyRide. With the cloth diaper she needs the 4th slots up for rear-facing :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC