Dorel chest clip

Kobain's Mommy

When did Dorel change their chest clip from the one piece on to the two? My cousin got a used seat from a friend and it has the old one piece. I'm starting to wonder if the seat is expired. I know the friend she got it from has an 8yo, 4yo, and 1yo.

Here's the seat in question (Note: I did not steal the picture of her FB. I'm the owner of the picture.)
41354_10150275695915425_831155424_14363502_6418503_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

emtb79

Actually I saw a old Britax infant seat that hadnt expired yet with the paperclip style but it was going to expire the end of this year. But they stopped a long time ago at least 6 years ago I believe.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Not sure if that seat's expired, but the harness definitely needs fixed - straps untwisted, tightened, and moved to the lower slots.

Kobain's Mommy

I fixed the straps and had her take the pink head supporter out there. At that point I didn't even think of checking the expiration date on the seat. The seat was part of an Eddie Bauer travel system. I'm concerned and frustrated at the same time! I've seen pictures after I fixed it and they moved them back and the pink thing is back in. She doesn't live near by me. I've talked to her about car seat usage and she ignores it. UGGG!!! She even said they went to a car seat class at her hospital before the baby was born. When she came home from the hospital she had the pink thing but the harness and strap height was right.

sharsachan

i bought a brand new travel system by dorel [cosco] in 2007 while pregnant with my son, and it had that kind of chest clip, so it wont be expired until 2013 or so?

ETA: yep, just checked the seat and it says "do not use after 2013" on it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC