Peg Perego up to 30lbs??

Jimaie(mom2boys)

I came across this ad on CL and was wondering if it was correct. I thot only the Graco SS1 went to 30lbs??

http://fresno.craigslist.org/bab/307247931.html

This is a Peg Perego brand car seat with the base included. I used it with both of my children an dI love Peg Perego. it's the best out there. It is navy blue and yellow, great for a girl or boy. It's in great shape and we will miss it.
It is for an infant up to 30 lbs. Rear facing only!
peg.jpg

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I don't think that's right at all. I think most Pegs say 22 pounds and 30 inches.

Also, they say it's brand new and it's lacking the SIP wings that they've had for at least the last 2 years.

And lastly, hi neighbor! :) Looks like we live in the same area.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmm...

I thought it only went to 20 or 22 pounds, too. Hmmm...

I also don't recognize that cover. Is it possible that seat is not American? I don't know... Perego has had so many different covers, many of which were only available at specialty shops or online, so I could be mistaken.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Thats an old model and it only goes up to 20lbs. The newer SIP ones go to 22lbs. And there are no Peg Perego car seats that go to 30lbs.

bbartlettnfld

Yes it is older, it came with the original Primo Viaggio stroller which later became the Atlantico my bet would be 2001 model. I can't remember the fabric name but it is North American.
BethAnn

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
We had that seat come into a check (used, with a misrouted harness and broken chest clip). It was from December 2001.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe the seller mistakenly hit the three instead of the two when she was typing up the listing?

D

dudeimjohn

peg perego site shows that the 2008 version of the seat is up to 30lbs, following the trend. It is not released yet.

J

jeremie

The 2008 version in the USA, Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, will be approved for up the 30 lbs.

However, I looked on the Canadian site and it looks like the 2008 version in Canada, Primo Viaggio SIP, will only be approved for up to 22 lbs.

I wonder if there is any difference? They appear identical and have most of the same color patterns.

dd9736

they'd have to retest with the government to go up to 30lbs in Canada, so chances are they just didn't want to deal with the trouble.

my 2005 peg is a 20lb seat, no SIP yet then, but only fit my DS1 to about 15or16lbs, it's shorter than most other seats, because DS1 still fit the eddiebauer bucket a month and a half ago, though barely, at 18lbs

mommyto4

I have no idea about the seat, but as far as I know, it does not go to 30 pounds.

Off topic, but since it's from Fresno Craigslist, I was wondering if you are from the Fresno area. I am in Fresno county and I like meeting others from the area.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC