Question Stroller with options for 2 ?

U

Unregistered

HI Everyone, I am looking for a "single" stroller that has a bassinet (so that it can be used at birth for baby #2 on the way). I would also like some kind of option for my 2 year old to ride as well: a standing, toddler seat or second seat option. I am hoping to find something with a similar set up as the bumbleride queen b (but without all of the bulk and weight). I am going to buy a Bob Duallie but thought it would be nice to have something that would also work as a single for now (I don't have a stroller at all, just sold mine) and that could work later. I was thinking the BOB would be too big for the mall and aisles, etc.
Any ideas appreciated!! many thanks!

ADS

Bolly

I test drove the UPPA Baby Vista and Baby Jogger City Select and fell in love with the BJCS I am using it as a single until LO#3 arrives in January. The only thing is for money UPPA is better because it comes with the Bassinet but you still have to buy the second seat eventually. I still love my BJCS, it steers likie a dream and easy to take the seat off and fold.

aeormsby

I'd look for a single that you like and then get a Buggy Board for your 2yo to hop on. We have been using our Silvercross umbrella stroller with buggy board for more than 2 years now. DS was about 6 months & DD about 2y4m when we got it. It was easy for DD to hop on the board when we were moving faster or crossing streets, or if she needed more containment I would pop her in the stroller and put DS in the sling.

I don't have any pictures of our setup, but here's a link for buggy boards...
http://www.lascal.se/web/products_start.aspx

mbmama

i love the buggy board idea! thanks! i do think i am pretty choosy about which stroller i want, so this option will work best for me. I'm going to go for the bumbleride indie now and maybe get the bob duallie later... Thanks!!:D

poohbear

I think the buggy board is good for a 3-4 year old, but you still might want a double option. Sometimes when your older one sees the baby riding, he/she will want to ride as well.

Also, I would check out the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Valco-Baby-Hitch-Hiker-Ride/dp/B000GKUEJ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1288492498&sr=8-2"]Valco Hitchhiker[/ame] - it has great reviews and works with most strollers. I have heard it is a bit more user friendly than some of the others...

HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC