we got snow

broken4u05

I want to know how monday it can be 80 than it rains and it was more like 30-40 and now it snows. It is the day before easter. Who else has snow?

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I know! Isn't this crazy?!? I couldn't believe it. Too bad I just planted seeds in our garden earlier last week :( I wonder if "plant after last frost" means "after last snow" - LOL! I do have row covers on them but not sure if they're gonna make it... :rolleyes:

broken4u05

I hope they make it. They should be fine. What seeds did you plant? I didn't want to go to class today...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I want to know how monday it can be 80 than it rains and it was more like 30-40 and now it snows. It is the day before easter. Who else has snow?

Yep, winter wonderland out there right now...I guess DH is glad he didn't turn the sprinkler on our new sod...:rolleyes:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I hope they make it. They should be fine. What seeds did you plant? I didn't want to go to class today...

Don't laugh, okay? I know nothing about gardening although I try every year...:D So at the same time, I planted: carrots, onions, lettuce, cucumber, and watermelon. I know, I know - a little early for the watermelon. Oh, and basil and dill. They're in containers on our front porch without a cover. I doubt those seeds made it. I have the stomach flu and haven't been paying attention to the weather or I would have brought them in last night... :rolleyes:

broken4u05

We used to grow carrots, lettuce, cucumber and tomatos. Do not ask when we planted i have no clue i just helped. We also have buleberries, strawberries, rasberries, goldenberries and blackberries in our yard.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We used to grow carrots, lettuce, cucumber and tomatos. Do not ask when we planted i have no clue i just helped. We also have buleberries, strawberries, rasberries, goldenberries and blackberries in our yard.

Ooooh - berries! I'd love to have berries in our yard. Do they grow well here?

broken4u05

I have had them all for a long time. The strawberries we stopped really taking care of so i dont think they are growing anymore but all the others i said are easy and almost no care. Other than keeping the deer away when the berries come.

Morganthe

I do, I do :happy-wavehello:
:rolleyes: (sigh)
It's a light dusting covering dh's car, but the high today is only 32 degrees! It hasn't been this cold since the end of Feb. :eek: In fact, Wed. was 88 degrees!

Murphy's law is making this the most inconvenient time possible. There was supposed to be an outdoor event at our local zoo for the kids. I bet they'll go ahead and cancel it. I'll call later to check. I know that sounds funny for a lot of you northerners, but it's been in the 70s-80s the last 6 weeks. It's icy out, precipitating between snow & sleet, and no one knows how to drive in this stuff anyway. :( I also think that the winter clothes have long been packed away.

Tuesday is supposed to be 82. :cool:
Oh it's fun being at the southern tip of the Great Plains where it meets the desert. Never know what's going to happen other than a hot summer :p

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
This is CRAZY weather, isn't it?

I want to garden too, but I can't with this unpredictable weather!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Adding to the above:

This year I am growing:

~popcorn
~cucumbers
~lettuce
~okra
~asparagus
~garlic
~onions
~pumpkins
~tomatoes
~sunflowers
~brussel sprouts
~peppers (jalapeno, habanaro, banana)
~basil
~dill
~coriander
~rosemary

I think that is all. :):whistle:

broken4u05

Adding to the above:

This year I am growing:

~popcorn
~cucumbers
~lettuce
~okra
~asparagus
~garlic
~onions
~pumpkins
~tomatoes
~sunflowers
~brussel sprouts
~peppers (jalapeno, habanaro, banana)
~basil
~dill
~coriander
~rosemary

I think that is all. :):whistle:

Very cool. I want to garden again but i have too much to do already. Maybe next year

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Very cool. I want to garden again but i have too much to do already. Maybe next year

It is time-consuming! :)

I don't really have time, either. I work 60-70 hours per week and go to grad school (which takes up an additional 8-10+ hours per week, more when I have a paper to write), but I find gardening so therapeutic that I must make time for it. :)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Wow. I'm jealous of your list! I find gardening extremely therapeutic. I'm just lousy at it... :p But I enjoy it nonetheless. Our problem is the squirrels and crows (blackbirds? something like that) get everything. I want to build a chicken-coop type thing around our whole garden space. But I'm going to wait and see how the sunlight is this year. We may have to move it so I'll wait another year. And while I'm at it, I thought about screening it in so I can garden and not be carried away by the millions of mosquitoes living on our yard.

ETA: I think I'll need to first prove that I'm capable of growing things to the point that they're edible before convincing DH to built a screened-in garden for me :p

Stresch

Snow here.

We got our carrots and kale seeded in the garden last weekend. They should be fine. The tomatoes are starting in our basement along with some flowers. Our last frost date is mid-May, so nothing too fragile is out yet.

This year we are going to have a lot of kale if I can keep the rabbits out. Also tomatoes and lots of beans. I went a little bean crazy when ordering seeds. We have green beans, Chinese long beans, scarlet runner beans, and hutterite soup beans.

I'm also going to try to grow some giant pumpkins. And probably some summer squash just because it's easy.

Last year the garden was a mess because Sanna was only a baby. This year should be better. Also, my mom watches her twice a week and mom's a master gardener, so she'll keep it alive.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not really a *good* gardener. I just enjoy it! :)

I usually get a good crop of cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes. The other veggies are hit-or-miss. Some years, I get a bumper crop. Other years, I get one or two edible pieces. :) The herbs usually do well, though.

It is SO hard to find the time to garden, but it is so therapeutic to say, "I have to put down these papers. They can wait until after dark." :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Who wants to start a Gardening thread? When we move I want to start gardening in SD, but I don't know much/enough about it -- I would love to grow our own veggies & herbs while we're in Cali: especially since the area we're moving to is so expensive....

JaRylan

I do, I do :happy-wavehello:
:rolleyes: (sigh)
It's a light dusting covering dh's car, but the high today is only 32 degrees! It hasn't been this cold since the end of Feb. :eek: In fact, Wed. was 88 degrees!

Murphy's law is making this the most inconvenient time possible. There was supposed to be an outdoor event at our local zoo for the kids. I bet they'll go ahead and cancel it. I'll call later to check. I know that sounds funny for a lot of you northerners, but it's been in the 70s-80s the last 6 weeks. It's icy out, precipitating between snow & sleet, and no one knows how to drive in this stuff anyway. :( I also think that the winter clothes have long been packed away.

Tuesday is supposed to be 82. :cool:
Oh it's fun being at the southern tip of the Great Plains where it meets the desert. Never know what's going to happen other than a hot summer :p

Doesn't sound funny at all. I can appreciate the danger of having to drive in conditions that you are not used too. I hate when the weather can't decide if it should do one thing or the other...much to dangerous.

No new snow here, the last of the old dirty snow should be gone just in time for a April blizzard to hit.

I don't have any garden space so my mom usually starts tomatoes in big pots for me and I think I'll do a row of green onions in the flower bed for Rylan.

I love the idea of bug-free gardening inside a big screen tent!

Suzibeck

We haven't planted anything yet as April snow isn't THAT uncommon here. But, usually ,if we get it, it snows overnight and melts pretty quickly the next day. I can't recall ever seeing a snow plow in April, that is before today! It is still snowing and still not 30 degrees out. It was 72 degrees on Tuesday.

I am so tired of snow!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC