Elizabeth can buckle herself completly in the nautilus....

emandbri

now I just need it to work on the radian. :whistle: I did what I did with Benjamin and loosened the straps and tightened them after she buckled herself. She was so cute! They had a fundraiser at McDonalds for the preschool and she told all the teachers that she is all grown up now. :D

ADS

Laurette

That's a fun and handy new trick/milestone. I loved it when DS could buckle himself right and I have confidence in him. He does it better (perfect) than most adults I know would.

canadiangie

I am so happy to say that Soph is able to buckle herself too now. She's in the middle of the 2nd row and it's such bliss to just stand there and watch her do it while I buckle Emma, and soon deal with a noob as well. I agree, she's able to do it better than most adults. Living proof that proper chest clip placement is not rocket science. :p

ETA: adding little squares of velcro (a la Britax) to the harness to keep the buckle tongues from slipping down helps with the Radian. I don't think she could dig for the tongues without getting frustrated.

Baylor

I love that too. I watch him and I love that he buckles and then adjusts the clip to the right height by himself. He knows exactly where it is right. The other day I heard him tell his father he was not doing it right.. I nearly out right laughed.

Kids are awesome!

xursusmaritimusx

its great isnt it????

i was so happy the day DD could buckle herself in... especially now that the wet weather is here, i dont have to stand in the rain buckling her in

katiesmommy

Katy can buckle herself too. As long as it's loosened. She's figured out how to loosen herself to buckle and tighten after she buckles now too. She still can't undone the buckle though.

mydogteaser

Ds has been able to buckle himself for about a year. (He just turned 5 last month.) I still have to reach back and pull it tight. I love that he can do it since he does it while I buckle dd. He will get upset if the straps are twisted and will fix them. Now if he could just unbuckle himself (he can do the chest clip only), life would be awesome!

emandbri

Woohoo I put the Velcro on the straps on the radian and she was able to do it! I had to loosen the straps though and it is PITA to tighten, I honestly don't know if it is worth having her do it herself. :whistle: I'm going to try loosening it less tomorrow and see how she does.

aeormsby

Cool. My DD can buckle, but is so slow at doing it (in her Frontier) that it drives me crazy. It is nice to be able to only open one door and have her crawl thru to her seat as I'm buckling DS. Then I can reach to tighten her after I'm in the front. She can't reach the strap or adjuster on the Frontier, on her Marathon she can and even gets it tight enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC