HELP! What would you do?

MommiJenn

I've got to find a way to fit 3 in a row, but even more important than that, I've got to solve the issue with my nearly two yr old. She will be 2 on November 14th, she's about 34in tall and weighs about 22 1/2 lbs. Currently she's RF in a Graco Comfortsport and while she's still got head room, she's uncomfortable with the straps still being in the 2nd slots. They would fit much better in the top slots but they're for FF only. She throws a fit every time she gets in and now she started pushing the chest clip down and pulling her arms out!! She's sitting on the back row in our '07 Kia Sedona (short wheel base). In the back with her is my 6yo FF in a Graco Nautilus. In the two bucket seats (captains chairs, whichever they're called) are my 4yo FF in a Graco Nautilus and my 12 week old RF (obviously) in a Graco Snugride.
Sooo, my question is... what would you do? Buy a new seat that she can RF longer in or would you turn her around? Funds are tight, otherwise I'd buy all of them a Sunshine Radian and call it a day! =)

And any advice on fitting 3 in a row (like are there cheaper seats than the Sunshine Radian that will squeeze in the back?) would be appreciated!

ADS

sunnymw

IDK a darn thing about a Kia Sedona so I'll just go with the advice on the nearly 2yo. For a 2yo, I'd consider FFing ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, but not full time period. So if you think she'd be happier in a new seat (read: novelty!! woo!! let her help pick...) then by all means go for it, because the Comfortsport is not going to last long RF and we had the same issues w/ the straps with DS1 which was one major reason we got something else.

As far as skinnier seats... the Radians, obviously. The Avenue and Scenera have a somewhat small footprint although I'd bet they are closer in size to a Comfortsport than a Radian width-wise.

MommiJenn

Why do you need 3 in a row? Is there another kid?

There are 4 kids, but fitting groceries is not so fun and vacationing is out of the question (unless we take two cars like we did in Sep only because we didn't go out of state). When there were only 3 kids we had one of the bucket seats out and had room for groceries, luggage, and/or the double stroller!

amy&girls

In the back row of my Sedona, I can fit a Scenera in between two turbo boosters. I can also fit a Nautilus, a scenera and a backless harmony literider. The back row of that van SUCKS period for 3 across. I've tried about everything there is out there. I'd put your two in the Nautilus in the back row, and then look for a different seat to put in the captains chair. I wish you luck! As far as your almost 2yr old goes, I'd try her in a Scenera. my little one is about the same height but 4lbs more and will be 2 in December, and she fits in it both rear-facing and forward-facing. Then when she no longer fits you can hand down one of the nautilus and get your oldest child a booster. I'm guessing it wouldn't be for a year or two. Just my :twocents: with having the same van, and 4 kids.

babyherder

How about a new scenera that rf to 40lbs? Very reasonably priced and may be more comfortable for your 2 yr old. Maybe she could get a fun new pink seat for her bday.

Pixels

I think her shoulders are right at the top slots, maybe slightly lower. So she has a little room if she were FF.

Okay, then she hasn't quite outgrown the seat, but she will soon. The ComfortSport is outgrown RFing and FFing at the same time. The only difference between RFing and FFing is the weight limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC