Need help/ideas deciding on a new(used)car

lahuffman

We are looking at buying a new to us used sedan as my primary vehicle. We don't want to spend more than $10,000. We have been looking at the Toyota 2008 Yaris(test drove and loved it), 2007 Corolla, 2004/05VW passat wagon (also drove and loved), 2008 Aveo, 2008 Optima, 2007/08Caliber. All of these were under $10,000 with lower mileage. I am leaning toward a newer year car which would rule out the VW, but my husband loves VW's and wants me to get that one. Is the quality of a VW worth giving up a newer year vehicle with less miles? Does anyone have one of these vehicles and love or hate it? We want gas efficient (Yaris), 4 doors, nice size trunk, high safety ratings. Please don't say Focus, I drove one and hated it.

The other issue is I need to be able to fit a FF BLVD, LBB and a child in adult belt. We think for some of these cars we would need to replace the BLVD with a Radian. Ideally we could keep using the BLVD. Please help!!

ADS

Melanie

What kind of gas mileage are you needing to get? Some of those cars (Yaris for sure) are going to be a really really tight fit. If you can get by with a little worse mileage I'd look at a little bigger car.

I don't think a Radian will help your situation. They work great when puzzling with other seats. For instance, the Radian will squeeze in behind the overhang of a Britax seat. The BV might actually give your adult belt child a bit more shoulder room because the shoulder can go a bit under the shell.

When we were looking at a commuter car we decided against the VWs. I think it was something about repair issues but can't remember for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC