Spam me some booster choices

Angela

I've gotten the okay from DH to go ahead and get DS a new booster for his cars. He has a 1995 BMW 318ti and a 2002 Saab 9-3. Neither has LATCH so that's not a requirement. The BMW has no headrests, so it will need to be something that will last DS quite awhile in and can't require headsupport behind it. DS stats are in my siggie. I'd also like something that somewhat light since it will be switched between cars. He's a big boy and will need something bigger than a Turbo (that's what he has right now). I'm new to the whole booster area, so any suggestions would be great. Any price range is fine right now, I can narrow that down later.

ADS

NebraskaMom

Well at 5.5 years old, I'm not sure how you feel about keeping him harnessed or if he is capable of sitting correctly in a high back booster.

If you're wanting to keep him harnessed I'd go with another FR85. I know it's heavy, but it'll provide the harness for a little longer. The ProSport by Recaro is another great high-weight harnessing seat and (if I remember right) isn't as cumbersome as the Frontier. Not sure about the headrest requirement though.

If harnessing isn't something you're looking to do my choice would be the Monterey.

HTH

Angela

We're looking for a booster, not harnessed seat. He rides in DH cars very rarely and he does very well in them, when he does. I'm leaning towards the Parkway, Monterey, or the Probooster. Any other suggestions? Or any suggestions which would be best?

NebraskaMom

I just got the Monterey for my ds who is 7. He is just about 53 inches tall and 52 pounds fully clothed and still has a ton of growing room in the seat.

We'd also tried out a Parkway and he fit in it kind of weird. He didn't like how he sat in it and I didn't like that he wasn't going to have as much growing room. My goal is to keep the high back booster as long as necessary, since he is notorious for wiggling.

Unfortunately no one in my area carries Recaro seats, or I would have had him try out the ProBooster, which was on my list of options. I would have loved to harness him, just because he wiggles, but at his height and age it wasn't exactly a practical option.

Angela

The only boosters we have available to try out around here are turbos and big kids. So I have to make a guess and hope it works.

My DS will still in his FR85 in my car until he grows out of the harness (he only has one click left :eek:) He has a really tall torso and is built like a brick.

I see that the Monterey and Parkway have very similar measurements. Why do you say that he has more growing room in the Monterey over the Parkway? The Parkway is number one on my list right now, but if there's something I'm missing that would make the Monterey a better bet, I'd love to hear it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC