keeping alternate seats..

Baylor

So I am selling my sons car seat. It is safe and in great condition..

The issue is I have it in my bedroom. It is driving Dh nuts. I don't want to put it out in the shed til I sell it as I don't want any bugs to get on it. So I put it in my bedroom in the corner.

Where do you keep them?

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The hall closet...

IMG_3188.jpg

Keeanh

So I am selling my sons car seat. It is safe and in great condition..

The issue is I have it in my bedroom. It is driving Dh nuts. I don't want to put it out in the shed til I sell it as I don't want any bugs to get on it. So I put it in my bedroom in the corner.

Where do you keep them?

In my alternate van :eek:.

Lea_Ontario

3 seats in our main van.
3 seats in our car (2nd vehicle).

And a couple of pretty much unusable seats in the basement.

aeormsby

The only seat we have that isn't installed in a vehicle is our Safeguard GO - it lives in the closet in our guest room with our suitcases since it folds down small and we only use it for traveling.

MANDY1234

I own about 16 car seats and the ones not in use are kept in the car seat closet in my living room (yes that is the only use of the rather large closet, to keep car seats/car seat covers/car seat odd parts in)

Keeanh

In my alternate van :eek:.

Adding pictures so you car seat collectors can dream about how many seats you could stuff in it. All it has now is a lonely Scenera.

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

The white van is our everyday van but we don't all fit. We take 2 vehicles around town. The brown one only gets insured for long trips.

Last edited:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
There is more than a few there! lol
my hall closet is linens and movies.

Yeah, that's not actually where I keep them anymore, but I don't have a pic of the new location. It's a corner in my office now. I've got... I think 10 in there right now. 7 of those would be program seats, though - I don't have most of the seats in the original pic anymore.

christineka

I have the same problem. I've had the eps foam on my turbo broken from kids playing on it while I tried to keep the seat out of the way. I usually keep the spares in dh's car, but since he hasn't got tinted windows, the seats fade, so I have to keep them covered up. I'm the only one who covers up and buckles empty boosters. i can't always keep up. Sometimes I'll keep a seat on my bed (yes, I sleep with it.) or in my closet. Backless boosters aren't a big deal. I'll keep those in tubs or in the hall closet.

skylinphoto

I have two closets in my bedroom. One of those closets holds our extra carseats (along with TONS of junk). Well, I do have 1 seat in the other closet..but dh put it there..I think he's in love with it..thinks it needs it's own space.

You should name your seats...then you can tell your dh that they deserve their own space in the house. A safe space. I mean, who can argue with "Phillip needs some time away from the children. I think I will put him on top of the dresser tonight, help him get into recline mode, and cover him with a blanket. He doesnt like it when you watch him sleep."
lol

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Used to be my attic.

2436501248_4711e50ac4.jpg

Now we usually store what isn't being used in a trunk of a car. I have a backless under my deck, a crashed Snugride under there, and I think that's it. We only have five seats for two kids right now, so not a lot of spares after our two cars are filled.

Wendy

rodentranger

7 seats, 2 kids, 3 cars.
I have a set in my Pilot (RN & MA), a set in my mom's car (FR80 & MA), a set in DH's car (CA & WZ) and one (GN) in the living room that the kids play with and I use as a time out spot when they're being beasts.
Currently I have everything in a vehicle. My "extra" seats are sitting loose in DH's extra car. I tossed my RN and WZ in there when I got home from my trip because I was too lazy to swap the GN and RN in my car. I need to do a whole seat shuffle.

Last edited:

simplychels

1 kid 4 seats right now. 1 lives in my car, the other lives in daddy's truck *though will occasionally visit his basement*, and the other 2 live in my closet. I have a nice big closet and really don't use all the floor space, so I thought I'd better decorate it a bit.

NannyMom

OH MY GOSH! That looks like a thousand dollars worth of seats! I should show that to DH!

That's not unusual for people here ;) My extra seats are in the front hall closet. Though, right now, I have 2 extras installed in my van. Sofi has her carseat in the 2nd row, and there are 2 carseats installed 3 row, for her and a friend if/when the friend goes with us somewhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC